Royal Family watch 'with hands over their eyes' when Meghan Markle and Prince Harry speak, insider claims
28th May 2021

THE Royal Family watch with their hands over their eyes when Meghan Markle and Prince Harry give interviews, an insider has claimed.

It comes as Harry prepares to "go deeper" on his "truth bombs" in yet another Oprah show, due to air on Friday.

đŸ”” Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates

The Duke of Sussex and Oprah will join participants and experts to host a “town hall” discussion for programme The Me You Can’t See: A Path Forward.

But it's likely to be deeply unwelcome news for close family after Harry accused the royals of showing "total neglect" for his mental health woes – and claimed Charles made him "suffer".

And a source says family are in the difficult position of being unable to respond – no matter what the Duke says.

It comes as:

  • The Queen ‘gave Prince Harry her blessing for Oprah TV series after misleading pitch about soldiers’ mental health’
  • Harry exposed a ‘disconnect’ with Meghan Markle’s Oprah claims after opening up on TV doc, a presenter claims
  • Meghan reportedly introduced her husband to “ancestral healing”, which he claimed will help “break the cycle of genetic pain”
  • Diana's former butler Paul Burrell said Harry is "blinded by Meghan Markle and Hollywood"
  • It's claimed Kate Middleton is stepping into Prince Philip’s role as the family's ‘glue'

The source told The Mirror: “Each time Harry and Meghan now speak, the family look on with their hands over their eyes.

“Between them, they have made several serious accusations which they know will not be responded to by Harry’s family.”

Harry’s Archewell website said the Apple+ programme will begin to answer the question: “Where do we go from here?”

A statement posted on the site reads: "In The Me You Can't See: A Path Forward, Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey reunite with participants and experts from the series for a thought-provoking, wide-ranging discussion to build on their initial conversations around mental health and wellbeing."

Harry and Meghan's chat with Oprah first aired less than 12 weeks ago.

But since then, Harry has given a series of interviews on his family, many of which have been deeply critical.

His most recent bombshell allegations, said to have "dismayed" the Royal Family, aired last Friday.



And it's understood the Queen gave her blessing for him to contribute to the series – after she was given a misleading pitch.

The monarch reportedly believed the show would be about soldiers' mental health.

It's claimed both she and Prince Charles were left "absolutely gobsmacked" after Harry used the Apple TV show to launch "personal attacks" on loved one instead.

The Duke accused The Firm of smearing Meghan Markle, claiming she wept into her pillow every night, and said his wife didn't give into her suicidal thoughts because of how "unfair" it would have been to him.

Charles came in for particular criticism from his youngest son – with Harry saying his father did little to help him through his struggles.

"My father used to say to me when I was younger, he used to say to both William and I, 'Well, it was like that for me, so it’s going to be like that for you'," he said.

"Those around the Queen and Prince Charles are absolutely gobsmacked by what has happened,' a source close to Buckingham Palace reportedly said.

"It is a question of trust, and honestly any of that is hanging by a thread at the moment.

"No one within the Palace circles has anything but sympathy for Harry's trauma and troubled life, but there is upset and discomfort at him sharing it on an international television show.

"Certainly the intimate detail of his hardships paint a very negative picture of his family and upbringing. Many people have a different view."

    Source: Read Full Article