Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren’s husband ‘in custody’ and may face criminal charges after cops searched their home
20th May 2021

THE husband of Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren is reportedly in custody and could face criminal charges after cops searched their home on Thursday.

New York state police arrived at the property at around 4:30pm as part of an "ongoing investigation" and the mayor's husband, Timothy Granison, was taken into custody.

Footage shows officers sealing off a block around the home and items from the house were taken to police vehicles.

It remains unknown why cops investigated the property.

Warren, 43, is the homeowner and lives their with her husband.

Granison remains in custody at Monroe County jail and is waiting to be arraigned on criminal charges, according to the Democrat and Chronicle.

He pleaded guilty to second-degree robbery in 1997, then aged 18, and received five years probation.

It was reported that he was the getaway driver during a jewelry robbery.

Justin Roj, the City Communications Director, said Mayor Warren hopes to be able to issue a statement at some point on Friday.

The Democrat was elected mayor of Rochester in November 2013.

In October, she pleaded not guilty to campaign finance charges dating back to her re-election campaign in 2017, the Associated Press reports.

Warren was also accused of covering up the death of Daniel Prude.

Prude, a 41-year-old black man, was spotted running through the streets of Rochester naked on March 23 last year.

His brother, Joe, called cops and said he was experiencing a mental health crisis.

The video showed him unclothed and complying with cops as they told him to put his hands behind his back and get on the ground.

Body camera footage shows Prude losing control, yelling at cops, and spitting at them.

An officer then placed a white hood over Prude's head and cops were seen pressing his face into the ground for more than two minutes.

One cop told Prude to stop spitting as another officer pressed his knee in the man's back.

His death was ruled a homicide caused by complications with asphyxiation "in the setting of physical restraint."

    Source: Read Full Article