Rally safety measures won’t change despite Trump’s COVID-19 infection: adviser
5th October 2020

One of President Trump’s senior advisers said no additional safety protocols will be added to upcoming rallies, despite the commander-in-chief’s coronavirus infection, according to a report.

Campaign senior adviser Jason Miller told CNN on Sunday that attendees will continue getting their temperatures taken and be provided with face masks and hand sanitizers – all measures that were in place before Trump’s diagnosis.

“You know what, that’s been a very safe and responsible thing to do,” Miller told host Ana Cabrera. “That’s what we’ve done from the beginning of this.”

In an interview on ABC’s “This Week” earlier in the day, Miller deflected questions about why Thursday’s fundraiser in Bedminster, New Jersey, was not called off after the White House found out that senior counselor Hope Hicks had contracted the illness.

When asked by host George Stephanopoulos about the “cavalier approach to masks and social distancing” at rallies, Miller also pushed back.

“It hasn’t been cavalier at all. We take it very seriously. It’s why we give everyone coming to rallies or to events — we give them a mask. We check their temperature,” Miller said.

“What I can’t speak to, since I’m not part of White House operations, I’m not part of the White House medical unit, is the exact — how much time he was spending with Hope and in the proximity for these things,” he said when asked about the decision to hold the fundraiser anyway.

Miller also claimed that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden was being overly cautious about warding off the bug.

“I’d say that with regard to Joe Biden, I think too often he’s used the mask as a prop,” he said. “(Wearing a) mask is very important, but even if he’s — he could be 20, 30 feet away from the nearest person and still have the mask on.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article