COUNCILLORS of Nicola Bulley's home town have received vile calls over the missing mum, a source says.
All members of the parish council were said to have been bombed with late-night "mystery phone calls" following the disappearance of the mum-of-two.
And one councillor was even left an "offensive" voicemail message referencing Nicola – which police are now investigating.
A source close to the Inskip with Sowerby Parish Council revealed the "mystery" calls came in to all six members between 12.45am and 3am on Saturday.
They said all but one rang off as the Lancashire councillors picked up.
The insider told The Mirror: "The police have got a copy of that call."
Read more on Nicola Bulley
Nicola expert says she may have been ‘pushed hard from behind’ into river
Mystery over Nicola Bulley’s car keys as her partner asks Mercedes to ‘track’ them
They described the content of the message as "offensive", adding: "Offensive, I wouldn’t say it was abusive, I would say it was offensive."
The source said the caller did mention Nicola – but they would not give any more details on what was said.
They described the person on the other end of the line as "just some nutter", and said: "I believe the police have identified the offender."
When asked if the councillor who was left the voicemail was rattled by the message, they said: "No, we're not soft."
Most read in The Sun
Nicola cops search caravan site yards from where mum's phone was found
UK hit by earthquake as 3.7 magnitude tremors strike
Neil Warnock OUT of retirement aged 74 for second stint at Huddersfield Town
EastEnders' Emer Kenny gives birth to first baby with Rick Edwards
However, all councillors' numbers have now been pulled from the website.
Wyre Borough Council leader councillor Michael Vincent said members understood "the emotional gravity of" the 45-year-old's disappearance.
But, he added: "We will not tolerate any form of abuse of any of our Elected Members of Wyre Borough Council or any of the town and parish councils within our borders or our staff."
Michael continued: "It is a shame that we have had to take this step at such a difficult time and appropriate steps are being taken to ensure that residents are still able to contact their elected representatives."
Lancashire Police confirmed it had been made aware of the phone calls, and said "it is being looked into".
The search for Nicola is today entering its 19th day.
Police were yesterday seen scouring the caravan site just yards from where the mum disappeared on January 27.
Officers were also compiling a list of all registered sex offenders in the area as is protocol, according to a former Scotland Yard detective.
Prior to that it was revealed police were looking into two men trying to hide their faces near Nicola's dog-walking route the day before she went missing.
Cops have been standing by their "main working hypothesis" that the mum fell into the river but said they were keeping an "open mind".
Read More on The Sun
Job with £460k salary & FREE 4-bed house & no one wants to do it
I moved into a SKIP to save money on rent – it costs just £50 a month
But Nicola's partner Paul Ansell said in recent days that he is "100 per cent" convinced the mother of his children is not in the river.
The dad-of-two revealed he thought a local was behind the disappearance.
Source: Read Full Article