Murder investigation launched after man stabbed in south-east London
19th September 2021

Murder investigation is launched after man in his 40s was stabbed to death outside a railway station in south-east London

  • Police have launched murder investigation after a man in his 40s was stabbed
  • Man was stabbed outside Belvedere railway station in Bexley on September 18 
  • Officers attended along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service

A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed outside a railway station in south-east London. 

Paramedics raced to the scene outside Belvedere railway station in Bexley after the man, believed to be aged in his 40s, was stabbed just before 10.30pm on September 18.     

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the ‘critically injured’ man, the Metropolitan Police said.  

Despite the efforts of the emergency services, the man was pronounced dead at the scene. 

Police officers at the scene outside Belvedere railway station in Bexley after a man, believed to be aged in his 40s, was stabbed on September 18

A crime scene remains in place and there have been no arrests. 

The force said although officers believe they know his identity, they await formal identification.

His next of kin have not yet been informed.

A police spokesperson said: ‘At this early stage, it is thought that the man had been stabbed.

Forensic teams carry out their investigations after the man was stabbed outside Belvedere railway station

Police officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found the ‘critically injured’ man

‘A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course to establish the exact nature of his injuries.

‘A crime scene remains in place. There have been no arrests.’

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 7975/18Sep. 

Source: Read Full Article