Malaysian boy electrocuted while wearing mobile phone headphones
7th December 2018

Boy, 16, is electrocuted while wearing headphones as his phone was plugged in to a charger in Malaysia

  • The teen fell asleep wearing earbuds of his mobile phone plugged in to charge
  • His mother found him on the floor the next day with blood pouring from his ear
  • A hospital autopsy confirmed the cause of the teenager’s death as electrocution

A 16-year-old Malaysian boy was left with blood pouring from his burnt ear after he was fatally electrocuted while using his headphones on his plugged-in phone.

The incident occurred near the town of Rembau in the state of Negeri Sembilan in Malaysia, when the boy, identified as Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin, was wearing his headphones while sleeping.

He was found the next day on the floor by his unnamed mother, 51, who thought he was asleep and went to work. 

Feeling anxious, she returned early and tried to wake him up but unable to do so, she called medics who declared him dead.

Victim Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin, 16, in his school uniform. The boy was fatally electrocuted after falling asleep wearing headphones connected to his mobile, which was charging

It was confirmed that the boy did not have any other injuries or bruises on his body other than bleeding and burns on his left ear, and the autopsy later showed that the cause of death was electrocution.

The victim’s brother also said that he felt a small electric shock when he touched the cable.

Photos of the boy have spread online as a warning for other users of possible risks when using their phones while charging.

Source: Read Full Article