Incredible moment Oklahoma boy, 10, saves his mom from drowning after she suffered a seizure while swimming in the family’s backyard pool
- Gavin Keeney saved his mother, Lori, when she suffered from a seizure after falling into a pool
- The dramatic incident was caught on the Keeney family’s security footage and showed Gavin diving into the pool and grabbing his mom
- Gavin lifted his mother’s chin above the water so she could breathe, and was quickly joined by Lori’s father Stephen Lowe
- Lori called it ‘one of the scariest moments of my life,’ but credited her son for being a ‘hero’
- Gavin also saved his mom’s life in May 2021 when she choked on a chip, and his rapid actions led to firefighters saving her
A 10-year-old Oklahoma boy saved his mother from drowning when she had a seizure in their backyard pool, and the dramatic security camera footage was captured and shared by the family.
Gavin Keeney saved his mother, Lori, on August 5 in Enos, Oklahoma and marked the second time he was her hero after attempting a Heimlich maneuver and calling 911 when his mother choked on food in 2021.
In the video, Lori begins to convulse in their pool, and Gavin quickly rushes up the ladder and dives in.
He makes his way to his drowning mom and lifts her chin above the water, and reportedly did not call for help at all.
Gavin is unable to lift his mom out of the pool, but his grandpa Stephen Lowe appears in the frame toward the end of the clip, and is able to lift both to safety.
Lori called it ‘one of the scariest moments of my life.’
The dramatic footage captures Gavin dragging his mother to the side of the pool as she gasps for air after suffering from a seizure
As Gavin struggled to get his mother out of the water, the family dogs alerted Lori’s father who rushed to help
Gavin first saved his moms life in 2021 when she choked on a chip and he rapidly attempted a Heimlich maneuver before calling authorities
Luckily, the Keeney’s dogs alarmed Lori’s father, Stephen Lowe, who lives next door, and he rushed to help his daughter.
Lori spoke to Storyful and said ‘I was told later that he never asked for help. My dad, who lives next door, heard the dogs barking and he ran out and jumped in as Gavin held me on the ladder and kept my head above water.’
Lori posted the video to Facebook and said ‘one of my worst nightmares came to life this morning.’
She said she was ‘hesitant’ to share the video because it was ‘very, very hard’ for her to watch’ and she doesn’t like ‘for people to witness when I have a seizure.’
Lori called her son her ‘little hero’ and said while she was hesitant to post the video, she wanted to show people how brave Gavin was
‘He’s been through so much with me and my health and he handles it with such grace and maturity,’ his mom said
‘I’m okay, I took in just a little water we think before Gavin got me. I can’t believe I just said that. I can’t believe I’m typing this. I CAN believe what I saw in Gavin, my little hero,’ she said.
Gavin first had to save his mother in May 2021 when she started choking on a chip, forcing the boy to attempt a Heimlich maneuver.
But Gavin wasn’t strong enough to clear his mom’s airways and rapidly called 911, guiding firefighters to his mother who was gasping for air.
‘She was still breathing, and we started the Heimlich maneuver,’ recalled Enos Volunteer Fire Department Chief Joshua Gilette. ‘After about the third or fourth thrust, it came free.’
Gavin’s quick thinking that day earned him an honorary place in the Fire Department.
‘He’s been through so much with me and my health and he handles it with such grace and maturity,’ Keeney said. ‘Proud isn’t enough of a word!’
Source: Read Full Article