A further 6,178 coronavirus cases have been recorded in the UK bringing the total number of infections – as of Wednesday – to 409,729.
Meanwhile, the new NHS Covid-19 app has finally launched, following months of delay and questions over its effectiveness.
The latest version, which is available to download from this morning, will use Bluetooth technology to monitor contacts and alert a user if they have been exposed to the virus.
In other news, Rishi Sunak is said to be weighing up a new scheme dubbed ‘Furlough 2.0’ to avoid mass unemployment ahead of a major speech to Parliament today.
The initiative would reportedly see the Government and firms share the cost of topping up wages for employees only able to work part-time due to the pandemic.
- Sunak weighs up possible furlough replacements amid mass unemployment fears
- Budget cancelled as Rishi Sunak prepares to launch ‘furlough 2.0’
- New contact tracing app launches today after months of delays
- Another 6,178 coronavirus cases in highest daily toll since May
- 600 students in isolation after 124 test positive at university halls
- Pubs open past 10pm for final time before ‘six month’ curfew starts
Here, we bring you live updates on the latest news, developments, and guidance on the Covid-19 pandemic.
Source: Read Full Article