Chilling moment blood-soaked attacker who 'stabbed neighbour with scissors' batters stranger with pop can in corner shop
24th April 2022

THIS is the chilling moment a blood-soaked attacker who "stabbed their neighbour with scissors" batters a stranger with a can of pop in a corner shop.

The man, 33, went on the frenzied rampage at 8am yesterday morning, attacking at least 11 people and leaving three victims in hosptial in Bedworth, Warwickshire.

Harrowing CCTV footage now shows the moment the attacker drips in blood and terrifies the 70-year-old shopper Bernard Bouncer in the tiny town centre.

The 33-year-old man used his fists, scissors, and a can of pop to randomly assault horrified members of the public on Saturday morning.

In the clip from corner shop JB News, the man can be seen striding in, grabbing a can of pop, and then whacking a customer over the head with it.

The horrified shopkeeper Bill Bhadal then grabbed him, before sending it out of the shop as he left splatters of blood on the floor.


Clues four Russian oligarchs were ‘murdered’ as Putin ‘purges inner circle’

Murder of girl, 9, solved by teen who tracked down suspect 59 years later

Bill told the Sun Online: "He opened one of the fridges and got out a can of pop and then went up to a customer standing opposite the counter and smacked him in the face with the can.

“I came from behind the counter and grabbed him by the shoulder and he said: ‘If you don't let go of me I will slice you.’

“There was blood everywhere, it was like a bloodbath.

"It was terrifying but at the time you don’t think about yourself, you do what you can to protect your customers.

Most read in The Sun


Fury KNOCKS OUT Whyte with sensational uppercut at Wembley


Fury confirms he'll fight UFC champion Ngannou despite boxing retirement


Paris Fury seen for first time since pregnancy claim by pal Carl Froch


Fury KOs Whyte with brutal uppercut before announcing RETIREMENT

"The man was bleeding himself, his left arm was covered with blood."

He said the OAP victim Bernard was left bruised, but he didn't have to go to hospital.

Moments before the attack in JB News, the man had attacked a shop worker in another shop in Bedworth – punching her before silently walking away.

Victims Kelly Parsons, 42, was alone behind the counter of newsagent All Saints News when she was targeted.

After repeatedly punching her in both eyes he walked away and chillingly waved to her – leaving her with cuts that needed to be "glued back together."

Her colleague Kirsty Jakes, who had been en route to her shift, told how the shocked worker was hit three times in the eyes with his fist.

Kirsty, speaking exclusively to The Sun Online said: “Kelly had just opened up and was on her own behind the counter.

“He walked in, he had blood all up one arm and he didn’t say a word.

“He went behind the counter and punched her three times in the eye.


“His face was blank, there was no smile, no conversation, nothing. It was terrifying for her.

“When he was leaving the shop he turned around and waved at her. It’s horrifying.”

Sales assistant Kirsty, 31, said the attacker “looked pretty normal apart from blood covering one arm and dripping from it.”

She said: “I didn’t witness the attack but I’ve seen CCTV of it. It was very bizarre and he just went around the town attacking people, mainly with his fists.

“He moved very quickly from one victim to the next, but was walking not running. He was zig-zagging from one to the next.

“Kelly was his second victim after he had violently attacked a neighbour, and afterwards he went to Boots nearby and tackled a woman to the floor. Someone grabbed him off."

Kirsty told how Kelly suffered wounds to both eyes, saying: “She went to hospital but is now back at home recovering with her partner.

“It was an awful thing to happen to her. This man is dangerous. We know his face from being around town.

“It’s pure shock for people in the town. It’s a small place and many of the shop workers and customers know each other."

Ifty AliMahomed, who owns All Saints News, added: "Kelly has gone through a trauma and is a bit bruised.

“I wasn't at the shop but I came as soon as I heard what had happened. I feel sorry for my staff member.

“It is my shop and she was standing there and I feel responsible for my staff.”

A trial of blood, thought to be from the attacker’s self-inflicted wounds, is clearly visible on the pavements outside the shops he targeted.

He had started his rampage around 8am on Saturday, firstly attacking his neighbour, named Fiona, with scissors.

He then fled on foot, turning right out of his private close, onto the main Coventry Road, where spots of blood were strewn across the pavement.

The man went into the town centre – half a mile up the road – and continued his attacking spree.

He was only stopped when cops tasered him in a car park.

A local takeaway boss said: “We heard that police had to taser him to stop him, and he was tasered more than once.”

A 33-year man was arrested in connection with the multiple attacks in which three victims required hospital treatment.


He's now been detained under the Mental Health Act, cops confirmed.

A Warwickshire Police spokesperson said: "The 33-year-old man who was arrested in connection with this incident has been detained under the Mental Health Act following a mental health assessment.

"Shortly after 8am ( 23 April) officers were called to reports that a number of people had been assaulted in Bedworth town centre.

"It is believed a man has walked along Coventry Road and then Gilbert Close where he has assaulted a number of members of the public.

"A man in his 20s is believed to have been stabbed and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition. 

“Another man and a woman were treated in hospital for stab wounds and later discharged.”

The force spokesperson said 11 victims had been identified so far.

Read More on The Sun

Watch Tyson Fury land ‘punch of his life’ with perfect uppercut to KO Whyte

Jodie Comer in security alert at theatre over fan’s ‘worrying’ behaviour

Detective Sergeant Rich Simpkins said: “This was a nasty incident which has left a number of people with injuries and I know this will cause the community great concern.

“The public can expect to see a heightened police presence in and around Bedworth town centre to provide reassurance while our officers continue to conduct their enquiries."

    Source: Read Full Article