BILL Cosby is reportedly talking to producers about a new TV show as the sex offender plots a comeback following his early prison release.
The 84-year-old actor has been "spending time on the phone working on a number of projects" at his Massachusetts home and has come up with "a number of ideas" for a TV show.
The comedian's spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, told Fox News: "Things are happening.
"He's working on a number of projects right now, a number of ideas for a TV show that has him on the phone with producers, working with guys every day.
"He's giving his creative ideas and input."
Details of Cosby's potential return to show business are being kept under wraps for now, but Wyatt said the discussions with producers started when he was still behind bars at SCI Phoenix in Collegeville.
"He's been working on this particular project now for a year and a half. When he was a resident of SCI Phoenix he would have phone calls with producers," Wyatt said.
Wyatt, who previously said Cosby had planned a docu-series about his experiences behind bars, said the actor was also working on a book.
"He's on the phone almost every day for the book as well. He's working. That's why people don't see him as much," Wyatt said.
"When he was at SCI Phoenix it wasn't our time so phone calls would be probably two, three times a week for that kind of stuff.
"Now he has the time. He can speak freely when he wants to.
"That's his primary focus since he's gotten out – to come out and be able to have projects and to work with people who want to work with him."
Cosby served more than two years of a three-to-10-year sentence before his sexual assault conviction was overturned by Pennsylvania's Supreme Court in a stunning ruling in June.
He's working on a number of projects right now, a number of ideas for a TV show that has him on the phone with producers, working with guys every day.
His release from prison on a legal technicality sparked shock and outrage, and was described as a slap in the face of his alleged victims after dozens of women came forward.
The actor was the first celebrity tried and convicted in the #MeToo era, so the reversal could make prosecutors wary of calling other accusers in similar cases.
Judges said there had been a "process violation" by the prosecution as they overturned the conviction – after a previous agreement which lawyers described as "unusual".
Cosby is still involved in a lawsuit in LA involving allegations of sexual assault from accuser Judy Huth, who is represented by Gloria Allred.
Huth's civil court matter against Cosby was filed in 2014 when she alleged she was sexually abused by the actor at the Playboy mansion in 1974.
The next hearing in the case is scheduled for September 30.
Source: Read Full Article