Why is Nick Cannon not on The Masked Singer season 5?
18th March 2021

NICK Cannon continues to be absent from The Masked Singer, as the second episode of season 5 premiered on March 17.

Cannon missed the unmasking of The Phoenix, which left fans shocked after learning which celebrity was behind the fiery costume.

Why is Nick Cannon not on The Masked Singer season 5?

Cannon tested positive for Covid-19 during the production stages of The Masked Singer's latest season.

As a result of his positive test, Cannon will be absent from several episodes this season.

The Masked Singer was forced to have a guest host take over

Comedian Niecy Nash is serving as Cannon's temporary replacement.

Reps for Cannon, who is 40, told Variety in early March that he is "in quarantine and resting."

Ken Jeong, Robin Thicke, Nicole Scherzinger, and Jenny McCarthy returned as the judges for the singing competition show.

Cannon is expected to return to the show sometime later on this season,

Who was The Phoenix on The Masked Singer?

The Masked Singer fans were "shock" after learning Caitlyn Jenner was revealed as The Phoenix.

After being unmasked, the former Olympian said the Kardashian family thinks she's "crazy."

Following her performance of Kesha's Tik Tok, the 71-year-old became the second contestant eliminated this season.

Once she was unmasked, Caitlyn said she went on the show because she was up for the "challenge" and that it was "something new and something different."

She added: "You can only work on the golf game for so long."

When asked how her kids will react, Cailtyn said: "They've always known Dad is a little crazy, will try anything. Life's short. You gotta enjoy it."

Fans took to Twitter to say they were "shook" by the reveal.

One fan simply wrote: "I'M SHOOK."

Alongside a gif of someone saying "she's terrible," second wrote: " THAT WAS CAITLYN?! Happy to see her but that singing…"

A third chimed in: "CAITLYN JENNER OMGGGGGG."

What did Kylie and Kendall say about their Caitlyn's unmasking?

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly Jenner spoke about how her daughters Kylie and Kendall reacted to it, saying that she told only them and her son Brandon that she would be going on the show.

"The only other two I told, because my family are professionals at keeping secrets, were Kendall and Kylie. I told both of them because we're really close," Jenner said.

"I said, 'You can't believe it, girls, this is what I'm doing.'… they both said the exact same thing: "Why are you doing that?!"

In response Jenner said she told them, "'Why? I love a good challenge, number one, you know that. Number two, we're living through this pandemic.

"I've got nothing else going on right now. They asked me to do this thing. Why not step out of the box, try something new?'"

Caitlyn also revealed that she had been asked to do the show in the past, but had always turned it down, and it was the pandemic that changed her mind.

"I was asked to do it much earlier, and I said no. One, it's kind of not my thing, and I was real busy at the time and I didn't think I had the time.

"And then, during this horrible pandemic that we've all been through… Now all of a sudden I had nothing but time.

"And I've always said to my kids, 'Don't be afraid to take risks in life.'… And so I said yes. Then I panicked a little bit. 'Oh my God, I've got to sing and dance!," Jenner added.

"And, yeah, it was a big time commitment. It was a lot of work."

Source: Read Full Article