LOOSE Women's Nadia Sawalha has revealed her horror burns injury after "the week from hell".
The 56-year-old is scarred from a mystery accident – and says a picture of the blisters is "too gruesome" to share.
She opened up about a tough week that also saw her beloved cockapoo Chi Chi at death's door.
Nadia told fans: "This really has been the week from hell!
"I’m calling this my IDIOT INJURY! What a PLONKER I am!
"You will NOT believe how I got these burns. It’s quite a a story."
She promised to reveal all to fans on her live YouTube channel today – and kicked off the live broadcast saying she was a "f***ing idiot".
After heating up honey in a plastic bottle in the microwave, Nadia said: "I opened the microwave and the plastic bottle was two seconds from exploding like shrapnel.
"I panic and go to get the honey. It leaps out the pot and sprays everywhere all over me and splashes up my neck.
I was screaming and pulling my clothes off. I stuck my head in the sink. The pain was excruciating."
Her ITV daytime colleague Susanna Reid sent her well wishes, saying: "Poor thing – get well soon."
Kate Beckinsale wrote: "Nooooo."
One fan said: "Oh Nadia goodness that's a sore one. Get well soon."
Meanwhile Nadia asked for home remedies to prevent scarring.
Nadia added: "I did this on Tuesday and the blistering (pics to gruesome to show you!)has been too bad to put anything on it.
"But I think I should start using something ASAP .
"Any suggestions would be greatly received ! You always have such great advice!!"
Alongside her injury on Tuesday, Nadia has been worried sick about her pet dog.
She said: "Chi chi has quite frankly been through hell over the last week. Bless her.
"She has been in hospital since Monday night . It’s been an absolute roller coaster as her symptoms were so complexed and therefore baffling .
"The range of specialists she’s seen over the last week have been left utterly perplexed as to what’s been wrong with her .
"She has had every test and scan imaginable . They have thankfully been able to manage her pain throughout and she has been heavily sedated . She’s been through so much and is so bloody brave .
"There have been many suggestions for her diagnosis everything from snake bites to lupus has been discussed . And at one point they thought the internal bleeding she’d had would leave her totally blind."
Expecting to be told they'd lost her, Nadia and her family were over the moon to discover Chi Chi had survived.
"The vet told us they had settled on a diagnosis of an autoimmune disease which can hopefully be treated with drugs for the rest of her life," said Nadia.
"She’s not out of the woods yet and she will be in hospital for a while longer . BUT the great news is she’s not totally blind as we’d feared .
"The vet said he feels her vision has improved a little in one eye !
"Words cannot describe how relieved we are." .
Nadia added: "And chi chi we love you so much! You have fought such a hard fight and that’s because you bloody love life. Our brave sweet panda pup we can’t wait for you to be home!"
Source: Read Full Article