Is Nick Knowles leaving DIY SOS?
19th August 2021

Nick Knowles says guests get 'angry' on his new show

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Nick Knowles has been the star of DIY SOS for 22 years, helping to transform family homes across the country. He is the face of the BBC One reality series and so it would be difficult to imagine him not hosting and giving a hand to those in need. However, the 58-year-old presenter will not be on our screens when the show does make a comeback later this year.

Is Nick Knowles leaving DIY SOS?

DIY SOS will be back in November for a Children in Need special.

But unlike with previous one-offs, Knowles is not going to be leading the way as the role has been taken over by comic Rhod Gilbert.

Talking about presenting the show, Gilbert said: “It’s a great honour to step in to Nick’s enormous steel toe-capped boots and be involved in Children in Need.

“I’m looking forward to joining the infamous DIY SOS team, and rallying an enormous group of local volunteers on a wonderfully ambitious and important project.”

The presenter reportedly agreed to sit out on the Children in Need special as filming clashed with Knowles advert campaign with breakfast cereal Shreddies.

The advert saw him dressed as a builder while eating the cereal which is thought to have gone against BBC guidelines.

Knowles’ future on the show was unclear earlier this year but he then came to an agreement with the channel back in May.

So even though the presenter will not be in the charity one-off, he is going to return for DIY SOS’ next series in 2022.

In reference to replacement Gilbert, Knowles stated: “The DIY SOS Children In Need special will air in November with a guest presenter and I will be cheering them on from the sidelines.”

Fear not fans of Knowles though as he has got a brand new show airing tonight, Thursday, August 19, on Channel 5.

The show is called Nick Knowles’ Big House Clearout and will be a six-part series, airing weekly instalments.

Unlike DIY SOS, there will be no construction involved this time around.

DON’T MISS…
Simon McCoy scolded by co-star over Meghan and Harry comments [CAST]
Simon McCoy laughs at Harry and Meghan’s response to Afghanistan  [REACTION]
Nick Knowles’ new show Big House Clearout can leave families ‘angry’ [REVEALED]

The synopsis for Big House Clearout reads: “The presenter helps folks across Britain who are being crushed by their clutter, beginning with a family of four in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

“The house is stripped bare, and Nick’s design team creates a total transformation but will mum Vicky and her clan approve?”

Homes are going to be stripped back from all of the mess and “reset”.

Knowles and his team will then be able to redesign the properties so they can make the most of the space, light and storage.

Talking of Big House Clearout, Knowles said: “I think people will love the series which will be useful, inspirational and be in tune with how people are feeling about their homes coming out of lockdown. We are determined it will be a lot of fun too.”

This won’t be the only Channel 5 show featuring the DIY SOS star either.

Knowles is expected to return for another home makeover show later this year.

Nick Knowles’ Big House Clearout starts tonight, Thursday, August 19, at 8pm on Channel 5.

Source: Read Full Article