EastEnders’ Jake Wood teases I’m A Celebrity amid ‘advanced talks’ for show
21st July 2021

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Jake Wood has revealed he would "love to do" I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! as he teased the idea of singing up to the series.

Former EastEnders star Jake, 49, revealed he would happily take part in the next series as he discussed his next career steps after leaving the BBC soap.

Jake's character Max Branning walked away from Albert Square earlier this year after he was left heartbroken from his split from Linda Carter.

Since leaving the BBC soap, Jae has begun rehearsing for West End show 2:22 A Ghost Story, which also stars Lily Allen.

And as Jake appeared on Good Morning Britain on Wednesday 21 July to discuss the spooky theatre show, he was quizzed about the reality show.

Good Morning Britain host Ben Shephard,who recently returned to the show after his leg operation, asked the actor: "Just quickly though, will you be finished in time to go to the jungle if the call comes in?"

Jake, who recently teased a potential return to Albert Square, then revealed: "Yes, I finish in mid-October."

The actor's revelation was met with an excited reaction from Ben, 46, and co-host Kate Garraway.


Former soap star Jake then confessed: "I've made no secret about the fact I would love to do the jungle.

"We were talking about it in the break," he said while gesturing to GMB host Kate, who took part in the series in 2019. Jake added: "And you were reccomending."

Kate then insisted to Jake: "I say go!" Ben added: "We'd love to see you out there, whether it's Wales or Australia?"

Jake revealed he is keen to take part in the show wherever it's set this year.

He shrugged and said: "Either or, bring it on!"

It comes amid reports Jake is in "advanced talks" for the reality series, which is hosted by Ant and Dec.

A source recently told The Sun on Sunday: "He would love to go into the jungle.

“He thinks it would be a great challenge for him and he has of course seen how well other EastEnders stars have done on the series.”

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

While, another source added: “The casting team have booked half of the campmates already and have been bragging about some phenomenal names.”

The series is expected to return to Australia this year, after 2020's I'm A Celeb campmates stayed in Gwyrch Castle in Wales for the series, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

According to reports, production staff have been advised by ITV bosses that they should be working towards a return to Oz for the 2021 series. ITV are hoping to make an official announcement of the show’s return Down Under soon.

A source said: "Crew have been told to prepare for Australia again, which is music to everyone’s ears as they are over the moon to be back in the sun."

Source: Read Full Article