Boy George touches down in Australian airport ahead of I’m A Celebrity stint
29th October 2022
  • Bookmark
  • Sign up for the Daily Star TV newsletter for the biggest TV news

    We have more newsletters

    Boy George has touched down in Queensland ahead of the I'm a I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! launch next weekend.

    The 61-year-old, who shot to fame with Culture Club, wore a Lion mask as he left his flight into Brisbane and then joked: "I'm here to a version of The Lion queen, I don't know what you are talking about darling!"

    He was asked if the hot looking costume would be worn for the duration of his time in the jungle, he said: "Lets hope so" and said he "loves" Ant and Dec.

    READ NOW: Full I'm A Celeb line-up confirmed – including Chris Moyles, Gogglebox star and Royal

    Before getting into his waiting car he was also asked what requests he had made as he now has to isolate for a week and said: "Lots of green juices."

    He declined to comment on his veganism and what that might mean for trials, simply repeating: "I am a lion queen."

    Rice and beans won't worry vegan George and he won’t be forced to eat insects in Bushtucker Trials and will be given meat and fish alternatives at camp meals, according to sources on the show.

    Earlier this year George was a guest on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Take-away and told the duo, who host the reality show, that the idea of eating meat put him off, saying: “Unless you do a vegan version and then I’m in.”

    The Kent-born 61-year-old star will join Mike Tindall, Charlene White, Chris Moyles, Olivia Attwood, Jill Scott, Owen Warner and many others who will enter the Aussie jungle this winter.

    Born George Alan O'Dowd in 1961, the new romantic star received an an Ivor Novello Award from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors for Outstanding Services to British Music in 2015.

    Speaking in 2016, the singer, who is renowned for wearing signature hats, revealed he turned down the survival series several times due to strict campmate uniform and lack of food.

    He said: “There would be serious clothing restrictions in the jungle.

    “I’d have to get certain hats made and I couldn’t get over the food. I would have a problem with that.”

    To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

    George was the last to arrive a week ahead of filming but will now be restricted in where he can go until the series kicks off with a series of challenges next weekend.

    The series is expected to last three weeks as usual but will start a week earlier than normal because of the football World Cup, which kicks off on November 21.

    There will only be a small overlap between the events, which will both bring in bumper audiences for ITV.

    READ NEXT:

    • I'm A Celeb 2022 first campmate confirmed as Chris Moyles lands in Australia
    • I'm A Celeb stars face 'week-long isolation stint' as ITV bosses fear Covid chaos
    • I'm A Celeb evacuation fears as camp hit with a month's worth of rain in extreme storm
    • I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

    Source: Read Full Article