Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua LIVE updates: Gypsy King set for Wilder TRILOGY while AJ could face Usyk – latest
19th May 2021

ANTHONY JOSHUA and Tyson Fury are in training for their HUGE heavyweight world title fight THIS summer.

But there has been fresh dispute over the confirmation of the fight with Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 ordered by a US judge.

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn and Fury himself have said the bout will be taking place on Saturday, August 14 in Saudi Arabia and Fury's promoter Bob Arum has said the fight will take place at 9pm for British fans to watch.

We'll be bringing you ALL of the latest developments on the bout plus all of the news from the world of boxing right here…

  • Joe Brophy

    PACKING ON THE PDA

    Tyson Fury cosied up to pregnant wife Paris on Instagram yesterday proving they've never been stronger as they reunited in Miami.

    The boxer, 32, was seen kissing his other half as they dined out after spending the day sunbathing alongside his brother Tommy, 21.

  • Joe Brophy

    WILD CLAIMS

    Tyson Fury has thrown shade at Deontay Wilder by listing his varied excuses for why he lost to the Gypsy King last year.

  • Joe Brophy

    WHIP ROUND

    A boxing fan desperate to see Tyson Fury fight Anthony Joshua has set up a GoFundMe page for Deontay Wilder.

    The biggest fight in the history of British boxing is on the brink of collapse after a judge ruled Fury owes Wilder a trilogy fight.

    Former WBC king Wilder is willing to step aside – but only if he's paid a whopping £14m ($20m).

    And boxing fan Greg Double has started a whip-round in order to help Team Fury pay off The Bronze Bomber.

  • Joe Brophy

    FAST AND FURY=OUS

    Tyson Fury has seemingly accepted he may not fight Anthony Joshua this summer – but he's warned his fellow Brit he'll 'smash him to bits.'

  • Marc Mayo

    MORNING BOXING FANS

    So, we are now around 36 hours on from Deontay Wilder winning his arbitration case against Tyson Fury to enact a trilogy fight between the pair.

    The decision has severely threatened Fury's plans to take on Anthony Joshua in an undisputed bout in Saudi Arabia on August 14.

    It leaves Fury with the decision to either try and reach a financial agreement with Wilder to step aside or fight him for a third time.

    And the talk on Tuesday from Fury's promoter Bob Arum and Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn will not fill fans with confidence when it comes to the undisputed clash going ahead.

    Arum told ESPN: "We're not paying Wilder to step aside. It's better to get rid of him.

    "We can make Fury vs AJ for November or December."

    Meanwhile, Hearn stipulated a deadline for Fury's side and appears to now be turning his attention towards WBO mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk.

    He told the Matchroom Boxing YouTube channel: “I have been focusing on Plan A. The only fight we had our mind on was Tyson Fury.

    “We hope that that fight can still take place on August 14. The game changed last night where we have to have a plan B in place, and probably a plan C as well.

    “We have a couple of different options; of course, the one that springs to mind immediately is the WBO mandatory of Oleksandr Usyk.

    “They have been quite patient and I think really, we are in a situation where if Team Fury don’t get themselves together, get their act together, by the end of this week, we will have no option but to look for an alternative fight.

    “AJ wants to fight this summer, Oleksandr Usyk is the mandatory, we have two or three other options as well. In an ideal world, if the right deal could be done, to maintain those belts and to keep the Fury fight alive for December, but for the undisputed as well.

    “I had a very good conversation this morning with Alex Krassyuk, he is a partner of ours and we have worked very well with Oleksandr Usyk and I was just very honest.

    “I said to him, ‘Team Fury are trying to solve the issue, if they don’t, there’s a very good chance we could be fighting you.’"

    Stay tuned because it could be another eventful day in the boxing world.

  • Dylan Terry

    WILD PAYMENT

    Deontay Wilder could be handed over £14MILLION by Tyson Fury's team in order for his bout with Anthony Joshua to go ahead.

    The Gypsy King's undisputed dust-up to face his British rival in August is in serious jeopardy after he was ordered to fight the Bronze Bomber for a third time.

    After being dethroned by the unbeaten Mancunian in February, the former WBC heavyweight champion was eligible to invoke a third meeting against Fury.

    But injuries and the coronavirus pandemic delayed the fight, with Team Fury claiming in October that the contract for a trilogy had expired.

    However, a US judge has now decided, following an arbitration, that Wilder is legally due a third fight that must happen by September 15.

    According to the Daily Mail, the American knockout specialist could be handed a step-aside fee of more than £14m, with Fury's team confident an agreement can be reached.

  • Dylan Terry

    FURY/JOSHUA/WILDER

    This video feels a long, long time ago, doesn't it?

    On Sunday, Tyson Fury announced the fight between himself and Anthony Joshua.

    Just 24 hours later, Deontay Wilder has now been granted a third fight with Fury after a ruling from an arbitrator. Boxing.

  • Dylan Terry

    WILD SCENES

    Deontay Wilder has 'NO INTEREST' in taking step aside money in what would be a huge blow to Tyson Fury's super-fight with Anthony Joshua.

    Wilder's new trainer Malik Scott shared the news on Instagram, as he all-but confirmed the heavyweight is prioritising revenge over a payday.

    Scott, 40, posted: “Wilder declined and had no interest in step-aside money. Y’all dealing with a whole different type motherf***a over here.

    "He want the blood, not that step-aside money. ‘Retribution is upon us’.”

  • Dylan Terry

    FURY VS JOSHUA

    Right, so we may or may not be getting Fury-Joshua next. Either way, how do they stack up against one another?

    Here's all you need to know.

  • Dylan Terry

    TYSON BROTHER TOMMY'S RETURN

    Tommy Fury will make his return on June 5 in front of 1,000 fans, with Daniel Dubois headlining the event.

    Fury, brother to WBC heavyweight champion Tyson, last boxed in February with an emphatic knockout over journeyman Scott Williams.

    And his sixth professional bout has been pencilled in for next month against an unnamed opponent.

    His promoter confirmed 1,000 fans will be in attendance, but a venue is also yet to be announced.

  • Dylan Terry

    WE'LL HAVE TO SEE

    Here was Hearn's immediate reaction to the arbitrator's decision to order a third fight between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

  • Dylan Terry

    FURY VS JOSHUA

    As this continues to unfold, it looks even more likely that we are going to get these two fights next:

    • Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III (WBC heavyweight title)
    • Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk (IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles)

    DEADLINE DAY

    Eddie Hearn has warned Tyson Fury must resolve his trilogy issue with Deontay Wilder this week – or else they turn to Oleksandr Usyk.

    Hearn said on Matchroom Boxing's YouTube channel: “I have been focusing on Plan A. The only fight we had our mind on was Tyson Fury.

    “We hope that that fight can still take place on August 14th.

    "The game changed last night where we have to have a plan B in place, and probably a plan C as well.

    “We have a couple of different options; of course, the one that springs to mind immediately is the WBO mandatory of Oleksandr Usyk.

    “They have been quite patient and I think really, we are in a situation where if Team Fury don’t get themselves together, get their act together, by the end of this week, we will have no option but to look for an alternative fight."

    NO CASH OUT

    Tyson Fury's undisputed clash against Anthony Joshua looks to be in severe doubt for August with a third fight against Deontay Wilder reportedly being planned for July.

    The Gypsy King's US promoter Bob Arum is now planning for Wilder first, to take place at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on July 24.

    He told ESPN: "We're not paying Wilder to step aside. It's better to get rid of him. We can make Fury vs AJ for November or December."

    ED IN THE CLOUDS

    Eddie Hearn has reacted to the news that Tyson Fury has been ordered to fight Deontay Wilder next.

    • Joe Brophy

      FACE THE USYK

      Anthony Joshua's and Oleksandr Usyk's promoters are set to hold talks on Tuesday over a potential fight with Deontay Wilder contracted to face Tyson Fury.

      Speaking to the Express, Usyk's promoter Alexander Krassyuk has stated he will sit down with Eddie Hearn to discuss a potential fight.

      He said: "The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes this morning was several texts on my phone from different people around the world stating the same fact: Fury versus AJ is off. It is off.

      "Regarding Usyk, it depends. I will speak to Eddie in one hour, we have already exchanged texts this morning.

      "It looks like we have a fight to make. We have agreed to speak in one hour when things will become clearer.

      "Usyk is mandatory for WBO and the only obstacle that made them sanction the interim was the huge unification between Fury and Joshua.

      "And if the fight is off then there is no other obstacles and Joshua has to deal with his mandatory."

    • Joe Brophy

      EDS GONE

      Eddie Hearn gave a fiery response to the Fury-Joshua fight being announced.

      Via Dazn, he said: “I told everybody this fight would be done.

      “No-one believed me, ‘Oh, it won’t happen, it’s a bad time, they won’t come up with the money.’

      “I’m not looking for props, but give me some f***ing props!”

    • Joe Brophy

      QUAD GOALS

      Anthony Joshua has given fans a rare glimpse into his family life after sharing two sweet snaps of his son quad biking.

      The British boxing star, 31, is gearing up for his heavyweight unification showdown with Tyson Fury in Saudi Arabia this August.

      But for now, AJ is keen to enjoy some family time as he shared two snaps of himself and his son JJ, 5, enjoying some quality time together.

      Taking to Instagram, Joshua captioned the two snaps: "My General."

    • Joe Brophy

      WELCOME TO MIAMI

      Pregnant Paris Fury jetted to Miami last night to be with husband Tyson – days after he was spotted chatting to bikini-clad fans.

      Paris, 31, made the 4,000-mile journey after the WBC heavyweight champion happily let female fans slather him all over with suntan oil as they got hands-on last week.

      Taking to Instagram earlier this morning the boxer shared a photo together, he said: "wow look what i bumped in to in miami the hottest blond about, @parisfury1 my queen has arrived….."

    • Joe Brophy

      BOTH BARRELS OF HAYE

      David Haye reckons Anthony Joshua will KNOCK OUT Tyson Fury in their eagerly-anticipated undisputed heavyweight title fight.

      The pair are finally set to share the ring in Saudi Arabia on August 14, although an official announcement has yet to be made.

      He told PA: “What Fury did against Deontay Wilder in his last fight sounded like suicide on paper, but it was genius.

      “Tactically I believed he had got it totally wrong, but it was proven right.

      But if you look at some of his prior fights, I wouldn’t say his tactics were that good.

      “Joshua got his tactics terribly wrong in his first fight against Andy Ruiz, trying to mix it against a guy with short arms whose only chance was to get inside.

      “But his tactics are improving and I very much liked what he did against Kubrat Pulev in his last fight.”

    • Joe Brophy

      NAUGHTY STEP

      Deontay Wilder could be in for a £5.65million cut of Anthony Joshua's huge fight with Tyson Fury after a US court ruled in his favour.

      A trilogy fight clause in the American's contract with the Gypsy King must be honoured by September 15, it has been decided.

      However many within the boxing world reckon a payout will suffice to keep the Bronze Bomber at bay.

      According to ring journalist Gareth A Davies, a deal including £5.65m and an agreement to fight at a later date may have to be thrashed out.

      He told his Instagram: "It is a civil case so I think they can still sign the fight between Fury and Joshua.

      "Wilder may get potentially $5m to $8m (£3.5m to £5.65m) and perhaps even an agreement to fight going forward."

    • Kealan Hughes

      FRANK'S THRILLED

      Frank Bruno is looking forward to August 14, if the Fury v Joshua fight goes ahead that is.

      "I'm glad we are slowly coming out of lockdown can't wait to get "out there" for my appearances & meet people.

      "Glad at last 14 August 4 the Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua has finally been rubber-stamped. Have a good evening."

    • Kealan Hughes

      WILDER WARNING

      Here the message Deontay Wilder sent to Tyson Fury in November 2020.

    • Kealan Hughes

      FIGHT IN DOUBT

      The arbitration court has ruled that Tyson Fury has to fight Deontay Wilder in a third fight this summer, so the bout against Anthony Joshua could be off.

      The WBC heavyweight champion has been in arbitration with the American for months over a contracted third fight between the pair.

      Fury, 32, beat Wilder back in February 2020 to take the WBC title after their first meeting ended in a controversial draw.

      But in the contract there was due to be a third clash between the pair.

      That was pencilled in for July 2020 but it was delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic.

      It was pushed back until December 2020 but both sides could not agree on a date.

      Wilder's team wanted to push it back further into early 2021 but Fury did not want to wait any longer.

    • Kealan Hughes

      NOT SO FURIOUS

      TYSON Fury’s wife Paris has been pictured wearing her wedding ring again just days after removing it following images of the boxer soaking up female attention in America.

      The champ admitted he was in his wife’s bad books as she remained at home pregnant and looking after four of their children – but it seems she’s had a change of heart.

      The 31-year-old was seen wearing the huge sparkler as she ran errands yesterday at the couple’s home in Morecambe.

      She later revealed she was spending the night in a hotel, as she shared a picture of herself getting room service.

      Tyson meanwhile addressed the situation on Instagram yesterday as he continues to train across the pond ahead of his big fight with Anthony Joshua.

      He wrote: "Looks like the GK is in Mrs Paris Fury's bad books! Wedding ring off."

      Source: Read Full Article