Newcastle fans hilariously sing 'we're richer than you' to Man City with Toon owners worth £300bn more than rivals
8th May 2022

NEWCASTLE fans mocked Manchester City supporters by singing "we're richer than you" during their clash at the Etihad on Sunday.

The Premier League leaders were bidding to return to winning ways after their dramatic Champions League exit at the hands of Real Madrid in midweek.


But Newcastle fans, who have enjoyed their team's impressive turnaround in the second half of the season, were more focused on mocking their opposition's fans during the first half.

The Toon faithful could be heard chanting "we're richer than you" around 30 minutes into the match.

Newcastle were taken over by the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund earlier this season.

And they are estimated to be worth around £320billion.

READ MORE IN FOOTBALL

Pep aims dig at old rival Mourinho after Man City’s Champions League flop

Liverpool vs Spurs, Brighton vs Man Utd: Get £30 BONUS plus £10 casino credit

That is a figure which dwarfs Manchester City's Sheikh Mansour – who was previously the Premier League's wealthiest owner at around £23.3bn.

The Saudi consortium own 80 per cent of the club – with Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers evenly splitting the remaining 20 per cent.

Newcastle thoroughly invested in their squad in the January window as they looked to climb out of the relegation zone.

They spent £90million, signing Chris Wood, Bruno Guimaraes, Dan Burn and Kieran Trippier.

Most read in Football

HOT CHILE

West Ham leading £15m transfer race for Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Diaz

HARRY ON

Man Utd fans in hysterics as Rangnick sends on Maguire at 4-0 down vs Brighton

SO RON

Man Utd fans spot Cristiano Ronaldo LAUGHING in disbelief during Brighton thrashing

SLEEPING BEAUTY

Ronaldo & Georgina reveal name for baby girl as they post heartwarming pics

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

They also brought in Matt Targett on loan from Aston Villa.

And the financial backing has paid off as Eddie Howe's men have picked up a sensational nine league wins since the window closed.

From the real threat of relegation, Newcastle are now 13th in the table and just one point off the top half.

It is thought that the club will invest heavily again in the summer.

    Source: Read Full Article