Man Utd news LIVE:
1st June 2020
| 28 views

MAN UTD are increasing their preparations for the return of the Premier League on June 17.

We've the very latest on the long-running saga with Jadon Sancho after the forward netted a hat-trick against Paderborn, while Chris Smalling looks destined to remain at Roma.

Follow all the very latest news from Old Trafford below…

  • MORNING, MAN UTD FANS

    SunSport have exclusively revealed that United have FAILED to agree a loan extension for striker Odion Ighalo.

    The agreement with his parent club Shanghai Shenhua officially expired on Sunday night.

    And SunSport understands that a deal to extend his stay at Old Trafford has not yet been agreed.

    Timo Werner will move to Chelsea or Manchester United – but only if Liverpool won't meet his £49million release clause with RB Leipzig.

    According to Sky Sport Italia journalist Fabrizio Romano Werner will accept a move to London or Manchester – but only if the Merseyside outfit pull the plug on a deal.

    In other news,Jadon Sancho has been “affected” by transfer speculation – according to Borussia Dortmund's assistant manager Edin Terzic.

    He told Turkish TV channel TRT Sport: “He’s a young player and is one of our most important players. I have to say that the transfer speculations are affecting him.

    “We have to support him in a positive way. I want all of our players to be happy.”

    Meanwhile,United target Saul Niguez is set to announce his next club in the next three days after he posted on Twitter that he would end speculation over his next move.

    According to Madrid newspaper AS, Old Trafford chiefs have agreed a £72m fee for the player.

  • LET'S PLAY BALL

    The Sky Bet Championship is set for a June 20 resumption after the English Football League agreed on a provisional return date.

    The Premier League announced on Thursday that play is due to return on June 17 following the coronavirus suspension that began in mid-March.

    The EFL followed suit on Sunday evening, announcing that the Championship is set to restart around the same time.

    In a statement, the EFL said: “Following Saturday's announcement by the Government to allow elite sporting events to return behind closed doors, the EFL has this weekend agreed to a provisional restart date of the weekend of 20 June 2020 for matches in the Sky Bet Championship.

    “The date is subject to the strict proviso that all safety requirements and Government guidance is met; and that clubs receive clearance from their local authorities in order to stage matches at their home grounds.

    “After discussing various approaches, and, the importance of completing the season in a similar timeline to that of the Premier League to avoid any potential issues with promoted and relegated clubs, the Sky Bet Championship season is set to conclude with the Championship play-off final on or around 30 July 2020.

    “Final details are still to be confirmed following further discussions with the League's Broadcast partner, Sky Sports.”

  • ZIG ZAG

    Tim Werner will move to Chelsea or Manchester United – but only if Liverpool won't meet his £49million release clause with RB Leipzig.

    Reds boss Jurgen Klopp wanted the 24-year-old Germany striker but the deal has hit red tape with Anfield chiefs not willing to pay more than £30m.

    Werner had already snubbed a move to Bayern Munich as he wants to try out the Premier League.

    He had set his heart on a move to Anfield but could now be forced to look elsewhere.

    Both Chelsea and United want the forward, who has scored 31 goals in 43 games this season.

    According to Sky Sport Italia journalist Fabrizio Romano Werner will accept a move to London or Manchester – but only if the Merseysiders pull the plug on a deal.

  • CRY NO MOUR

    Jose Mourinho has told players worried about the season restarting to stop being selfish and get on with it.

    The Tottenham boss admitted last week he was worried about players getting injured by the rush to resume the campaign.

    But after the Government gave the green light for the Premier League to return on June 17, the Special One seems to have changed his mind.

    He said: “We shouldn’t be selfish, we shouldn’t demand too much. It’s our time to give.

    “Everyone has pre-season injuries in normal seasons so we cannot expect now not to have an injury here and there.

    “We cannot ask for more than the authorities are giving us, which is maximum security.

    “I think now it’s time just to play and to give people what they want.”

  • 'WE HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM'

    Jadon Sancho has been “affected” by transfer speculation – according to Borussia Dortmund's assistant coach AND a team-mate.

    The BVB forward is to starting his first game today since Dortmund returned to Bundesliga action earlier this month.

    Ahead of that clash with Paderborn, the German giants' No2 Edin Terzic told Turkish TV channel TRT Sport: “He’s a young player and is one of our most important players.

    “I have to say that, the transfer speculations are affecting him.

    “We have to support him in a positive way. I want all of our players to be happy.”

    United have emerged as frontrunners for £100million-rated Sancho after the 20-year-old was linked with Liverpool, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

  • MAN UTD ROUND-UP

    It's all go at Old Trafford ahead of the Premier League's expected return on June 17.

    The club's players are all now back in contact training, with the top-flights latest round of testing showing zero active cases of coronavirus.

    Jadon Sancho has been linked with a move to United all year and announced his return to the Dortmund side in some style this evening.

    The Englishman netted a classy hat-trick as BVB teed off after the break, hitting the net SIX times against lowly Paderborn.

    And in an emotional moment, the Three Lions star unveiled a shirt sporting a message of support for George Floyd.

    In terms of outgoings in the North West, Chris Smalling's United exit for Roma has 'basically been negotiated' according to Gazetta dello Sport.

    The English defender has become the odd man out at Old Trafford after a decade at the club and his loan is extended until the Italian season can resume.

    Roma expect to be able to do a deal to let him stay at the Stadio Olimpico.

    The situation with Odion Ighalo's loan continues to rumble one, with reports suggesting that United are set to get an extension.

    The Nigerian striker, 30, was set to leave Old Trafford TODAY after his spell from CSL club Shanghai Shenhua ends.

    If an extension is successful, he could reportedly stay at United until January 2021.

Source: Read Full Article