Jake Paul's next fight CONFIRMED as YouTuber will face Anderson Silva on October 29 as UFC legend granted boxing licence | The Sun
6th September 2022

JAKE PAUL’S next fight has been confirmed for October 29 against Anderson Silva.

The YouTuber turned boxer will look to stretch his unbeaten record to 6-0 after the ex-UFC star was granted a boxing licence.

The clash between the much-maligned star and the 48-year-old Brazilian will take place in Phoenix, Arizona.

Paul said: “Anderson ‘The Spider’ Silva is the most versatile fighter the world has ever seen.

“Just a year ago he outclassed boxing champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., and showed the world why he is often referred to as the greatest fighter of all time.

“Every expert, from MMA to boxing, has said Jake Paul won’t fight Anderson Silva. They said Jake Paul is afraid of Anderson Silva, and Jake Paul would lose to Anderson Silva.

READ MORE BOXING

Get up to £50 back as CASH if any of your first Champions League bets lose

Watch Tyson Fury KO WWE star Theory before paying tribute to Drew McIntyre

“Well, to all the non-believers – Jake Paul is fighting Anderson Silva. It’s an honour to have the opportunity to share the ring with the greatest UFC striker of all time.

“On Saturday, October 29, I will walk humbly into the ring, touch gloves with a living legend and do my best to exterminate ‘The Spider.’”

Paul, 25, was originally due to return on August 6 until suffering two fight cancellations.

The American was twice set to fight Tommy Fury, 23, until the Brit pulled out after suffering an injured rib and then over US visa issues.

Most read in Sport

'HUGE SHOCK'

Gabby Logan's husband Kenny has prostate cancer as ex-rugby ace reveals battle

MAN ALIVE

Supercomputer predicts final Prem table… and there's heartbreak for some big boys

JACK BASH

Jack Grealish celebrates birthday with Man City stars, Wags and one ex-Villa pal

RON MOVE

Watch Ronaldo mess up skill move TWICE in warm-up leaving team-mates unimpressed

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS

Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, had signed to replace Fury but a weight disagreement with Paul saw their bout cancelled.

Paul last fought in December, knocking out Fury's substitute Tyron Woodley, 40, who he had already beaten on points four months earlier.

That added to KOs over online rival "AnEsonGib", ex-NBA player Nate Robinson, 38, and retired UFC welterweight Ben Askren, 38.

Silva was released by the UFC in 2020 following five losses in six bouts, three of which were on the spin.

But he has made a successful transition to boxing, having already had a 1-1 record in the ring.

Silva beat former middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, 36, in June 2021 then knocked out ex-UFC champ Tito Ortiz, 47, in September.

He will become Paul's first opponent with a recognised boxing record.

Silva said: “I know that in life everything has its purpose. Nothing comes just by chance. So, I thank God for my health, my family and my team for providing me with this opportunity to continue doing the thing that I love the most.

“I believe this will be the biggest combat event of the year and will truly make history in the sport forever. See you on October 29.”

    Source: Read Full Article