WITH Wimbledon 2019 kicking off in a matter of weeks fans will soon be heading down to SW19 to catch a match or two.
If you're planning a visit here's the info you need to make your journey as smooth as possible.
Where is Wimbledon played?
The tournament takes place at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon.
The matches have been played on the outdoor grass courts in SW19 since 1877.
Wimbledon kicks off on Monday July 1 and finishes on Sunday July 14, 2019.
Now that Centre Court has a roof, there is no chance of the final being played on the third Monday due to excessive wet weather.
How do you get to the Wimbledon tennis?
The full address of the All England Club is Church Road, Wimbledon, London SE19 5AE.
Visitors are strongly advised to use public transport wherever possible however car parking is available.
The nearest tube stations are Southfields (District Line) and Wimbledon (District Line and Main Line).
Walking times from Southfields are approximately 5 minutes to the Wimbledon Park queue and 15 minutes to the grounds (Gate 1).
A shuttle bus service operates from Wimbledon to the grounds.
London General operate a bus service direct from St Pancras, Euston, Baker Street, Marble Arch and Victoria to The Championships, leaving every 30 minutes.
A tram runs every 5 minutes from East Croydon station to Wimbledon station during the day and every 8 minutes on Sundays and evenings.
Postcodes SW19 5AG and SW19 5AF should be used on Sat-Nav.
No stopping or parking is permitted in any of the roads around the club during The Championships and every effort is made to ease traffic congestion.
Car parks are numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10 in the central area.
Assured parking can be booked through here.
Any parking queries should be directe to the AA on 01256 492110.
Parking in car park 10 can also be booked through Merton council here.
– Pre-paid public parking: Limited spaces are available in Car Park 6 and Park and Ride.
– Unreserved public parking – Pay on the day parking is available, subject to space, in Car Parks 6 (entrance in Home Park Road or Church Road) and 10 (entrance in Wimbledon Park Road) at a charge of £30. These open daily at 6am.
– Parking for disabled people: Subject to availability, pre-paid disabled car parking may be available for Blue Badge holders.
Car park entrances & opening times
- Car Park 3 entrance in Somerset Road 8:00am
- Car Park 4 entrance in Somerset Road includes motorcycle parking 8:00am
- Car Park 5 entrance in Church Road 6.30am
- Car Park 6 entrance in Church Road includes free bicycle parking 6.00am
- Car Park 8 entrance in Church Road 6.30am
- Car Park 10 entrance in Wimbledon Park Road (unreserved) 6.00am
- Car Park 10 is operated by the London Borough of Merton
Pay on the day parking is available for motorcycles in Car Park 4 at a charge of £10.
Pay on the day parking is available for minibuses in Car Park 4 at a charge of £30.
No setting down or picking up will be permitted in Marryat Road and parking will be prohibited on Wimbledon Common.
It is the responsibility of coach operators to advise their passengers of the picking up point, which is inside Car Park 4 next to the Coach Park.
No charge will be made after 4.30pm; prior to this time normal parking charges will apply (£50).
Park and Ride
A Park and Ride scheme is available (6.30am-11.00pm) at Morden Park, accessed from the A3 at Tolworth and via the A240 and A24. The charge, for the public, is £15.00 per car and £20.00 for minibuses. Click here to find out more.
Source: Read Full Article