GENNADY GOLOVKIN is not ruling out a British boxing return – but admits America is still the place to be.
The Kazakh middleweight icon braced the UK with his brutal brilliance in 2016 when Kell Brook dared to be great.
But Brook, a welterweight at the time, saw his two-division leap savagely end in five rounds with a fractured eye socket to go with it.
Golovkin, 39, has remained Stateside ever since the cameo in Sheffield – having not yet been tempted back across the pond.
He told SunSport: “Of course, the United Kingdom is one of the top markets and it has always been on my radar.
“But everything will depend on my offers I might receive on the terms and conditions of those offers.
READ MORE SUN STORIES
Cheltenham Festival – free bets: Claim £60 welcome bonus with William Hill
All the latest news, odds and tips ahead of Day Two at Cheltenham
“But secondly, let’s be honest; right now everyone wants to be in the United States, it’s considered the top.
“Of course, the United Kingdom can offer terms comparable to the US’ proposals’.”
A year after leaving a dent in Brook's face and career, Golovkin would finally fight long-time rival Canelo Alvarez.
But it ended in a controversial draw with several believing Canelo was fortunate to escape without defeat.
Most read in Boxing
BATTLE OF BRITAIN
Watch Joshua dominate Joyce in sparring footage as boxers row on Twitter
BATTLE OF BRITAIN
Latest news and updates plus how to watch huge fight for FREE
Amir Khan will NOT retire from boxing aged 35 and wants Kell Brook rematch
Fury offered sparring by Games of Thrones star Thor ahead of Whyte fight
CHELTENHAM FREE BETS AND SIGN UP OFFERS – ALL THE LATEST DEALS FOR THE RACING THIS WEEK
To add insult to injury, the Mexican won a razor thin rematch a year later and has shelved a trilogy bout ever since.
Canelo, 31, has since gone on to become a four-division champ, campaigning as high as light-heavyweight.
Meanwhile, GGG continued his middleweight dominance and currently holds the IBF belt.
That strap is set to be unified with Ryota Murata's WBA version when Golovkin fights the Japanese star, 36, on April 9 in Saitama.
Meanwhile a month later, Canelo will challenge unbeaten Dmitry Bivol, 31, in Las Vegas for the Russian's WBA title.
It is believed GGG and Alvarez have then verbally agreed to renew their rivalry in September, should they both win.
Read More on The Sun
Putin ‘loses FOURTH’ general & elite SWAT troops in new blow to Ukraine invasion
Denise Van Outen’s ex Eddie slams her AGAIN as she breaks silence over split
Golovkin refused to confirm if a deal for the blockbuster trilogy fight had been officially signed or not.
He said: “It’s premature to have a discussion, there’s too many ‘ifs’. If one fighter beats the other fighter and so on.
“Let’s wait till May, let’s wait till our fights are behind us, then we can discuss and we’ll have a better understanding of what’s going on.”
- Watch Gennady Golovkin fight Ryota Murata on April 9 live on DAZN.
Source: Read Full Article