Dan Hardy confirms axe by UFC after claims BT Sport pundit 'had argument' with 'employee' while on Fight Island
8th March 2021

DAN HARDY has parted ways with the UFC following an 'argument' on Fight Island.

The alleged incident is said to have taken place during the promotion's latest Fight Island stint on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.


According to veteran mixed martial arts journalist Dave Meltzer, Hardy was given his marching orders from the promotion after being involved in an 'argument' with an employee'.

The former welterweight title challenger, who has been part of the UFC's commentary and analysis team since his enforced hiatus from the octagon, confirmed his departure from the organisation on Sunday night.

Upon seeing an article citing the report, the 38-year-old wrote: “I am no longer working directly with the UFC."

He added: "It was a disagreement over an opportunity missed, or withheld, and I’d love some answers but can’t get any.”

The UFC have yet to comment on Hardy's departure, although he has been absent from a number of their pre-fight breakdown videos.

According to Meltzer's report, Hardy's alleged argument with his former colleague has also seen him lose his gig with BT Sport.

CASINO SIGN UP OFFER: CLAIM UP TO £800 IN CASINO BONUS CASH

BT Sport have yet to issue a statement on his alleged dismissal.

Hardy himself has yet to issue a full statement on the alleged incident but took to Twitter on Sunday to thank his supporters for their kind words.

He said: "Thank you for the kind words and support.

"I’m doing just fine, and am not going anywhere.

"I’ll still be breaking fights down on my channel, and elsewhere.

"I’m here in service of MMA, and sometimes that puts you on the other side of the line.

"I’m fine with that."

Prior to the news of him being relieved of his duties with the UFC, Hardy had been eyeing a return to the cage.

The Outlaw was forced to stop competing in 2013 when he was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, a condition that causes the heart to beat abnormally fast for small periods of time.

In October 2018, Hardy revealed he'd been given the all-clear to compete again.

Fan favourite Hardy became the first Brit to challenge for UFC gold 11 years ago at UFC 111, where he locked horns with Hall of Famer Georges St-Pierre.

Hardy came up short against the former two-division champion but put on a valiant display in his unanimous decision defeat.

Source: Read Full Article