Seven clubs are set to battle it out in the desert for the prestigious trophy, with the lineup completed by Copa Libertadores winners River Plate.
Who is playing in the Club World Cup?
DEFENDING champions Real Madrid are back to defend the title they won last year against Gremio.
A Cristiano Ronaldo second-half strike was enough to give the Spaniards the win against the South Americans at the Zayed Sports City Stadium in Abu Dhabi.
Appearing in this year's tournament are:
- Real Madrid (SPA)
- River Plate (ARG)
- Al Ain (UAE)
- Team Wellington (NZ)
- Guadalajara (MEX)
- Kashima Antlers (JAP)
- Esperance de Tunis (TUN)
What is the fixture list?
THE tournament is staggered with teams seeded by their relevant ranks in the world ladder.
As holders, Real Madrid enter at the semi-final stage, whilst the two lowest ranked sides Al Ain and Team Wellington get the competition underway.
Here's how the schedule looks, with all times GMT.
- Match 1, Wednesday December 12 – Al Ain vs Team Wellington (3.30pm)
- Match 2, Saturday December 15 – Kashima Antlers vs Guadalajara (1pm)
- Match 3, Saturday December 15 – Esperance de Tunis vs Match 1 winner (4.30pm)
- Match 4, Tuesday December 18 – Loser Match 2 vs Loser Match 3 (1.30pm)
- Match 5, Tuesday December 18 – River Plate vs Winner Match 3 (4.30pm)
- Match 6, Wednesday December 19 – Winner Match 3 vs Real Madrid (4.30pm)
- Match 7, Saturday December 22 – Loser Match 5 vs Loser Match 6 (third-placed play-off, 2pm)
- Final, Saturday December 22 – Winner Match 5 vs Winner Match 6 (5pm)
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
UNFORTUNATELY there are no plans for matches to be shown live in the UK.
This could be subject to change through so check back with us on SunSport for the latest updates.
And just in case, we'll be running LIVE BLOG's of the biggest games from this years's competition right here on our football page.
Source: Read Full Article