CELTIC and Rangers would be involved in a relegation battle if they joined a British Super League.
That's the opinion of bookmaker Coral, who've priced the Scottish Premiership heavyweights at 7/4 to be relegated in the first FIVE years of the competition.
CORAL: BET £5 GET £20*
SunSport understands that discussions to reform the English top-flight are actively taking place following the humiliating failure of the European Super League.
Plans include an enlarged Premier League with Glasgow's finest joining the set-up.
But Coral aren't convinced they'd thrive given their current financial limitations in the SPFL.
Coral's John Hill said: "We don’t see Celtic or Rangers being a big hit in the early stages of a British Super League.
"In fact, both Scottish clubs would be at the top end of our relegation betting.
"If they were able to stay in the league in their first year, we would expect to see their recruitment improve which would see their performances improve."
British Super League odds – Coral
Rangers and Celtic Markets
- 20/1 Celtic winning British Super League in first season
- 4/1 Celtic winning British Super League in five years
- 20/1 Rangers winning British Super League in first season
- 4/1 Rangers winning British Super League in five years
- 10/1 Celtic being relegated from British Super League in first season
- 7/4 Celtic being relegated from British Super League in five years
- 10/1 Rangers being relegated from British Super League in first season
- 7/4 Rangers being relegated from British Super League in five years
BETTING OFFER – GET £20 IN FREE BETS WITH BOYLESPORTS
The Old Firm would jump at the chance to join and 'take a slice' of the Premier League riches on offer.
And in stark contrast to the breakaway ESL, football's governing bodies FIFA, UEFA plus the UK Government would give their blessing to the proposal.
One club source told SunSport: "Whether or not the Super League was going to happen, we all feel that the Premier League has to be changed and improved.
- EXCLUSIVE: Big Six want Rangers and Celtic to join Prem in new plot
- LIVE BLOG: Latest ESL fall-out as SunSport reveal Old Firm could join Prem
- EXPLAINED: What is the British Super League and when will Rangers and Celtic join?
- BRIT OR MISS? Football fans mixed on Brit Super League
- FAIR MATCH: How Celtic and Rangers' records vs Prem teams
"It is time we opened it up to Rangers and Celtic. That would make sense for everyone."
Scotland legend Ally McCoist believes the pair would like to join – but fears SPFL clubs wouldn't take too kindly to the idea.
He told talkSPORT: "I think from the Rangers and Celtic point of view, it's something that would clearly interest them.
"Listen, make no mistake about it, the arguments will all come out. It's financially driven.
"But Rangers and Celtic's overriding feeling would be that they would want to attempt to better themselves and play in a league with those teams, your Liverpools and Manchester Uniteds.
"Everything is driven by money to a certain extend, greed, of course it is.
"But I genuinely don't know, for example, what the Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Hibs supporters would think. I'd be interested to hear their views."
SEE OVER £2000 IN FREE BETS HERE
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
*Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cash-out, restrictions & T&Cs apply. 18+ T&Cs Apply. Begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article