CHELSEA kick start their Premier League season on tonight with a trip to Brighton.
Boss Frank Lampard will have new signings Timo Werner and Kai Havertz available – but the match will be too soon for Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell and Hakim Ziyech.
When is Brighton vs Chelsea?
- Brighton vs Chelsea kicks off at 8.15pm on Monday, September 14.
- The Amex Stadium plays host.
- There will be no fans in attendance because of the coronavirus pandemic.
What TV channel and live stream is Brighton vs Chelsea on?
- Brighton vs Chelsea will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.
- Sky begin their coverage at 8pm.
- This follows Sheffield United vs Wolves (6pm) which is also on the channel.
- Those without a Sky subscription can grab a NOW TV day pass from £9.99.
What is the team news?
Lampard is set to hand debuts to Timo Werner and Kai Havertz when Chelsea face Brighton.
The 8.15pm kick-off represents the first real chance for Blues fans to see the fruits of their summer market labour.
However, a trio of new stars will be absent in Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell and Hakim Ziyech.
Chelsea boss Lampard explained in his pre-match press conference that Ziyech is out for the opening weeks of the season with a knee issue.
Chilwell is suffering from a heel problem while Silva only landed in London this week after his switch from Paris Saint-Germain.
- Brighton to win 17/4
- Draw 29/10
- Chelsea to win 8/13
- Chelsea to win and both teams to score 5/2
- Brighton to be leading at half time 9/2
- Tammy Abraham to score 2 or more goals 6/1
- Mason Mount to score and Chelsea to win 4/1
*Odds via Ladbrokes at time of publish
Source: Read Full Article