The Toronto Blue Jays (55-89) and Boston Red Sox (76-68) begin a three-game set at Rogers Centre Tuesday at 7:07 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays: Projected Starting Pitchers
RHP Nathan Eovaldi vs. RHP T.J. Zeuch
Eovaldi is beginning to right the ship, allowing just single runs in each of his last two outings. He hasn’t gone deeper than five innings since April 17, as the Red Sox continues to stretch him out after a prolonged stint in the bullpen. He has 11 strikeouts but five walks over his last two outings, including four free passes in his most recent start.
Zeuch will play in his second major league game and is expected to start after entering behind an opener in his MLB debut. He gave up a pair of runs off of three hits and two walks over four innings on the road against the Atlanta Braves, but he struck out four.
Need help with your fantasy football team?TheHuddle.com has your back. Creating champions for over two decades, this year it’s your turn to win! Subscribe now atTheHuddle.com; use code ” sbw15″ to take $15 off. Discount valid for first-time Huddle subscribers through 10/31/19.
Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays: By the Numbers
- Boston is up 10-6 in the head-to-head season series between the AL East rivals.
- The series is 11-4-1 against the over/under but the under hit in each of the two most recent games.
- The Red Sox is 3-7 against the projected total over its last 10 games. The Blue Jays went 4-5-1 against the number.
- Boston went 4-6 straight up over the 10-game stretch coming into Tuesday. Toronto is just 1-9 coming into the series.
- The Red Sox rank third in baseball with a .834 team OPS against right-handed pitching. The Blue Jays are 26th with a team rate of .718.
- Boston has a slight edge in the bullpens with relievers combining for a 4.17 ERA compared to Toronto’s aggregate 4.57 rate.
Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays: Picks and Betting Tips
Odds courtesy of BetMGM; for a full-set of today’s sports betting odds, access them at USA TODAY Sports.
Moneyline: The Red Sox is an easy play at -161 for the outright win. It enters with the vastly superior offense and the Toronto bullpen can’t be trusted with Zeuch unlikely to pitch too deep in his first start.
Run line: The better play is on Boston to cover the -1.5 at -105. Six of its 10 wins in the season series were by multiple runs.
Over/under: Back the OVER (10.5, -105) in a high-confidence play. Boston crushes righties and Zeuch’s inexperience is likely to cause the Jays to turn early to a poor bullpen. Toronto should also get a couple turns through the order against the Red Sox’s group of relievers.
Get some action in this one by placing a bet at BetMGM.
Esten’s September record: 21-8
Follow Esten on Twitter @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire.
Smart Raiders fans figured out a way to salvage their Antonio Brown jerseys
Jay Gruden’s quote about why he benched Adrian Peterson is about to come back and bite him
Tom Brady had a classic response when told the Patriots were getting Antonio Brown
Fantasy football waiver wire pickups: Ravens WR, TE are worth claiming
Bill Belichick had a classic answer to shut down question of Antonio Brown being disruptive
Source: Read Full Article