ENGLAND welcome the lowest-ranked side in international football to Wembley for their opening World Cup 2022 qualifier against San Marino.
And it would be fair to say that a seismic upset isn't really on the cards…
At odds of 250/1 to beat England tonight, Betfair think Beyonce becoming the US President at the 2024 election is a more likely outcome.
There's also more of a chance of Scotland being crowned Euro 2020 champions, the UK winning the Eurovision song contest AND Meghan Markle naming her baby Melania, according to the odds.
The part-time European minnows, whose side include a dentist, graphic designer and a second-hand car dealer, have never won a competitive match.
They've also lost each of their six fixtures against England by an aggregate scoreline of 37-1.
San Marino have scored three goals in five years, so even conceding once would be something of a shock for Gareth Southgate's side.
10 things more likely to happen than San Marino beating England
- Jeremy Corbyn to be PM – 100/1
- Gareth Bale to win the Ballon D'or – 100/1
- UK to win the Eurovision song contest – 100/1
- Pep Guardiola’s next club to be Newcastle – 100/1
- Man Utd to win this season's Premier League – 150/1
- Beyonce to win 2024 US Election – 150/1
- Jamie Carragher to be next permanent Liverpool manager – 175/1
- Scotland to win EURO 2021 – 200/1
- Meghan Markle to call her baby Melania – 200/1
- Steven Gerrard to be next permanent Manchester United manager – 250/1
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the bookmaker offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
BETFAIR BET £5 GET £20 IN FREE BETS*
The Three Lions are 1/200 to claim three points, meaning a £200 bet would return just £1 profit – Jamie Carragher being appointed Liverpool's next manager represents better value than that at 175/1.
Betfair spokesperson Sam Rosbottom said: "San Marino beating England tonight would be one of, if not the biggest, ever upset in world football.
"At odds of 250/1, there’s more of a chance that Scotland will win the EUROs – which at 200/1 isn’t looking extremely unlikely.
"Beyonce becoming the US President at the 2024 election at 150/1 and Pep Guardiola managing Newcastle next at 100/1 are also more likely outcomes.
"The underdogs have only managed to score three goals in five years, so even conceding a goal tonight will be disappointing for Gareth Southgate, but with both teams to score at 11/2 an unlikely San Marino consolation goal isn’t out of the question."
SEE OVER £2000 IN FREE BETS HERE
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
*Min £5 bet on the SBK, min odds 1.5 (1/2). Rewards valid for 7 days. Free bets must be placed at min odds of 1.5 (1/2). Exchange free bet limited to certain markets. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply 18+ Begambleaware.org
Source: Read Full Article