We Brits love a Sunday dinner and one of the best parts is the roast potatoes.
Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and covered in gravy – Yum!
There are plenty of ways to make your spuds more delicious from sprinkling an OXO cube over the top to crushing them with a masher before roasting.
But, one woman claims that she’s made the “perfect” roasties with her secret ingredient.
The Mirror reports that Laura Ford, from Melbourne, covers her roast spuds in honey after baking them in the oven.
What's your favourite roast potato recipe? Let us know in the comments…
Laura shared some delicious snaps of her dish on Instagram, @laurafordnutrition, where she has 35,500 followers.
She captioned the post: "The most addictive potatoes you’ll ever eat are these honey butter roast potatoes.
"The perfect balance of sweet and salty with the crispiest edges!
“Sorry in advance, because honestly, you won’t be able to stop eating these guys."
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today
The tip sent Laura’s fans into a frenzy!
One person said: “Wow oh wow these look delicious!”
While another called the recipe “potato perfection.”
Here’s Laura’s recipe to try for yourself:
- To make her roast potatoes yourself just chop some red baby potatoes into 1cm chunks.
- Parboil them in a saucepan of boiling water for five minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and add two tablespoons of olive oil and 50g of butter (or vegan butter) to the baking tray.
- Drain your spuds and turn them in the hot oil and butter mix until coated.
- Season them with all purpose seasoning, salt and pepper and bake the potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and bake for a further 30 minutes or until they look golden and crunchy.
- Finally, drizzle the potatoes in honey while they’re still steaming hot and add some fresh chopped thyme.
We can’t wait to give this trick a try with our next family roast.
Be warned though – you may end up munching more of them than you planned!
Source: Read Full Article