THE BEST coffee pods are a quick and simple solution to making a tasty barista-style cup of coffee at the touch of a button.
But when it comes to choose your coffee pods, it can be pretty overwhelming – there are so many choices, blends, strengths, and origins that it can be mind-boggling.
Apparently, Brits now glug around 95 million cups of coffee every day, or four cups of coffee daily per person.
Today, around 70 percent of UK households own a coffee machine compared to just 30 percent in 2016.
Whether you need a back-up for when you're running late or you're looking for a convenient solution for your guests, a coffee pod machine can be a handy kitchen appliance – so we don't blame the whopping number of Brits who are lucky enough to own them.
But how do they work? Are all coffee pods the same and are there any recyclable pods out there for a guilt-free brew?
Here's all you need to know about the best coffee pods on the market, available to buy right now.
Best coffee pods at a glance
- Best coffee pods for espressos: Grind House Blend
- Best coffee pods with full-bodied flavour: Nespresso Vertuo Intenso
- Best coffee pods for strong coffee: Nespresso Vertuo Stormio
- Best decaf coffee pods: Caravan Coffee Roasters Decaf Pods
- Best half caf coffee pods: The Libra Half Caf Nespresso Compatible Pods
- Best coffee pods for flat whites: Lost Sheep Coffee Taster Pack
- Best value coffee pods: Odd Coffee Co 100 Nespresso Compatible Coffee Pods
- Best CBD coffee pods: Cannacoffee Brew Me CBD coffee pods
Caravan Coffee Roasters Coffee Pods Combo Pack
- Coffee Pods Combo Pack, £14.25 from Caravan Coffee Roasters – buy now
Price per pod: 48p; Variety of flavours: 3 options; Best served as: Flat white or long black; Frequency of delivery: Weekly, fortnightly or monthly with the option to pause or cancel
If you're a Londoner, you've almost definitely heard of the Caravan restaurants. Best known for its freshly roasted coffee (and yummy brunches), this chain is a favourite in the city. So, it's no surprise that you can also buy its coffee in pod form to use at home.
This coffee pods combo pack will cost you just £14.25 for 30 pods in three different flavours. You can select your preference from The Daily (a blend of dark chocolate, baking spice and toffee apple), Market (milk chocolate, honeycomb and red apple) and Decaf (chocolate brownie, maple syrup and poached pear).
If you subscribe, you get to pick your own combination of flavours. For example, if you want 3 Decafs or 1 Market and 2 Decafs, that's fine. They arrive in a tidy letterbox package every week, two weeks, or month, and you can pause, skip or cancel your subscription at any time.
In terms of the actual taste, the flavours are equally as fresh, smooth and subtle, whether they're decaf or not. Unlike some cofees that Plus, the 100% Arabica craft coffee is responsibly sourced before being roasted.
I used all of them to make the classic Caravan Flat White by adding 100ml of milk (I went with oat milk) and two pods using the 'short shot' option on my machine), and every single cup tasted as if it had just been made by a barista in a fancy coffee shop.
- Delicious, subtle taste
- Able to switch up flavour options each delivery
- Responsibly sourced
- Available in decaf
- Fully recyclable and compostable
Source: Read Full Article