An artist in the making! Prince and Princess of Wales’s Christmas message features 9-year-old Prince George’s festive painting of a reindeer
- The Prince and Princess of Wales shared their Christmas message on Instagram
- Royal couple’s joint account posted a painting by George, nine, of a wintery stag
- Royal fans praised his artistic flair and said he takes after his mother, Kate
The Prince and Princess of Wales have shared a wintery painting of a reindeer by nine-year-old Prince George in their Christmas Day message.
Prince William and Kate Middleton, both 40, used their joint Instagram account to wish their followers a merry Christmas, sharing the photo.
They wrote: ‘Happy Christmas! [Painting] by George’ as they shared the festive painting of a stag against a blue backdrop. The stag is joined by two robins – one sitting on his back and another on one of his antlers.
The talented nine-year-old’s painting comes after he and his younger sister Princess Charlotte, seven, charmed viewers around the country last night as his mother’s carol concert was broadcast on ITV1.
An artist in the making! Prince George’s painting of a stag was the focus of the Prince and Princess of Wales’s Christmas message to their followers on Instagram
Royal fans were quick to praise the nine-year-old’s artistic flair, suggesting he gets his skills from his mother, who is a keen photographer.
One person said: ‘A budding little artist. Merry Christmas everyone!’
Another said: ‘So much talent for a little guy! Takes after his mummy.’
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, nine and seven, won hearts around the nation as they appeared at their mother Kate Middleton’s carol concert in Westminster Abbey last night (pictured: The family arriving at Westminster Abbey on December 15)
Last night the young royal siblings appeared onscreen with their parents at their mother’s annual carol service and stole the show.
Together at Christmas, which featured the carol concert organised by the Princess of Wales on Thursday, December 15, took place in Westminster Abbey.
Prince George and Princess Charlotte were in the front row of the crowds, joined by their parents and the King and Queen Consort.
During the service, which included readings from Kristin Scott-Thomas and Prince William and performances by Craig David, Alfie Boe and Mel C, the young prince and princess stole the show.
Viewers praised the well-behaved Charlotte, who appeared thrilled when Hugh Bonneville stood to read an extract from Paddington Bear.
The seven-year-old stole viewers’ hearts with her ‘priceless’ reaction as her face lit up during the tribute to the late Queen, her great-grandmother.
Speaking at the start of the programme, Kate said: ‘This Christmas will be our first without her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
‘Her Majesty held Christmas close to her heart as a time that brought us together.’
Later in the show, Kate describes a sweet connection between the late Queen and her young children.
Sharing a family photo of Queen as a child putting on a Christmas production, the Princess says: ‘It really resonated with me, and seeing Her Majesty here doing the production on Christmas day during the second world war, which I thought was really special.
‘I can remember doing this sort of thing as a little girl too… when I saw this photograph it’s wonderful because I saw my children’s love of doing this sort of thing, putting on little shows for us. It’s when they ask me to join in so we’re like, dancing round the table!’
- King Charles takes charge of Royal Christmas: Fergie will lunch with family at Sandringham as Harry and Meghan stay away but Prince Andrew WON’T join others in Christmas Day walk to church
- Gone but certainly not forgotten: A montage of the images of the late Queen throughout her life is emblazoned on a grand piano in touching tribute by the Royal family during their Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey
- All the times Prince Louis stole the show in 2022! SIOFRA BRENNAN’S video breakdown of the cheeky young royal’s big year – from refusing to hold William’s hand to pulling faces at the Platinum Jubilee
Source: Read Full Article