That’s So Raven alum Orlando Brown shocked fans with a bizarre look and strange statements during an intervention from Dr. Phil following years of legal and personal turmoil, and is not interested in getting help from him.
In the ’00s, the actor played Eddie Thomas opposite Raven-Symoné on her hit Disney Channel show. But in recent years, his career has stalled as he’s run into trouble with the law quite a bit. According to Dr. Phil, he “has gone from a promising young actor to a homeless mentally ill addict,” whose friends fear “is near death.” The now-30-year-old old actor appeared on Dr. Phil on an episode that aired on Friday to talk about his life and past troubles. And he looked a little…different.
Here are 7 shockers from his interview:
1. Snake Eyes: “They’re my Michael Jackson eyelids,” Brown told Dr. Phil, wearing lime green snake eye contact lenses. “From [the] ‘Thriller’ [music video]”
2. Michael Jackson Is His Father? “My full name is Orlando Brown Prince Michael Jackson Jr. aka Blanket,” the actor later said, laughing. “My nickname I gave to myself. My father was Michael Jackson, the great Michael Jackson…I used to always wonder why I’m so astronomically blessed and gifted when it comes to being talented. I rap, sing and I do everything immaculately. The eyes. And also just speaking to different Jackson family members that, you know, have confirmed it. So yeah, it’s a blessing to know that. I can sit here today and say, that yeah, that Michael Jackson was my father.”
Brown later clarified, that Jackson was more “a father figure” in his life rather than his actual parent.
Brown said he has never actually met the late King of Pop, as he “understood he like to hide,” and has also never visited his famous estate, Neverland Ranch.
“I know my father would have wanted me to have it,” he said. “He left it for me.”
3. But Will Smith Isn’t: Brown’s manager, Solomon Barron, alluded to Brown being delusional, saying, “We’ll be driving, listening to music. He will just turn the music down and be like, ‘Will Smith is my dad. Can you call him?’ I look at him. It’s shocking sometimes. It comes out of nowhere. We’ll be fine. He will say, ‘I’m Prince Jackson, Michael Jackson is my father. I own Neverland.’ Sometimes you don’t know if he’s playing or serious.”
Brown told Dr. Phil he never told Barron Smith was his dad.
“All 488 million of my fans know that I don’t fabricate or lie. I’m a pretty straight up guy,” he said, laughing.
ABC Photo Archives/ABC via Getty Images
4. He Wants to Marry Raven-Symoné: Brown also said he maintains a good relationship with Raven-Symoné, although he hasn’t seen her much lately, adding, “I want to marry her. I have to find out a way to ask her. Right now, I’m just chilling.”
Earlier this year, Brown tattooed the actress’ name on his chest.
7. Thanks, But No Thanks: Dr. Phil told Brown, “I came here today to offer you some help. I think it is in the form of a mental illness that can be dealt with very handily.”
Dr. Phil then introduced Brown to a doctor at a Malibu addiction and mental health treatment center.
“That sounds cool but I don’t have the time right now,” the actor said. “I really wish I did have the time. I’ve been going through treatments and a lot of group sessions and all of this stuff unnecessarily in the first place. I refuse to let myself believe that, you know, I have a problem.”
When asked if he needs help to get back to your career, Brown told Dr. Phil, “Right now what I need help with is me basically having my home, my kids and my life. That’s all I need. Like I mentioned earlier, four years sober. I don’t think I need the help. I think some people on the outside need to grow up and they need to really take responsibility for what they’ve done in their lives and stop trying to hide between other people’s masks.”
“I just got out of rehab, out of the E.R. I’m not doing no more time away from my kids that I need to,” he continued. “I want my kids to be with me in Neverland.”
Source: Read Full Article