Mum’s horror injuries after being whipped, burned and strangled by boxer ex
1st January 2019

A mum-of-two was left ‘an hour from death’ after being brutally whipped, punched and burned by her boxer ex-boyfriend.

Brave Sian Davies, 33, who was also strangled by Dennis Ross, was left in a coma for nine days after a series of vicious attacks.

She had a catalogue of horrific injuries, including rope marks around her neck, bite marks and cigarette burns on her arms.

She also suffered pneumonia, a court heard, as well as frostbite on her face from where Ross, also 33, had left an ice pack.

Doctors said if she had been left another hour, she would have died.

Now, Sian, of Newport, Wales, is courageously speaking out to encourage women in abusive relationships to seek help.

She said: "I’m lucky to be alive. And I want to stop other women becoming a statistic like I nearly was."

Ross was jailed for a minimum of seven years last December after pleading guilty to attempted murder at an earlier hearing.

The attacks took place over a three-day period, with a judge describing how Sian was "literally battered black and blue".

The mum had met Ross in April 2016 through a friend.

She recalled: "I thought he was really charming.

"And over the next year, he helped me decorate my flat.

"In May 2017, we started dating and I knew I was falling for him. He was a boxer and helped me out in the gym, showing me some moves.

"It made me feel better knowing that I’d be able to protect myself if I ever needed to."

In July that year, Sian met Dennis’s 85-year-old gran.

She said: "She was lovely, and reminded me of my nan. But Dennis got annoyed with her because she hadn’t ironed his shirt.

"She agreed to do it but Dennis was still angry."

She added that she and Ross then drove back to his flat and, during the journey, she consoled him and tried to calm him down.

But later, as Sian texted her mum, Sharon, 54, Ross allegedly snatched her phone off her – before strangling her.

"He was annoyed that I wasn’t paying him any attention," Sian said.

"I tried to grab my phone back but Dennis was too strong. Instead he yanked me off the sofa and strangled me.

"He had a look of pure evil on his face. I knew I had to escape.

"When he went to the bathroom, I fled out of the flat door.

"But Dennis caught up with me, and threw me back inside his flat.

"My head smashed onto the radiator and then the room went black."

It was nine days later that Sian woke up in Newport’s Royal Gwent Hospital with her mum and dad, Paul, 58, by her side.

They revealed the shocking news that she had been in a coma for more than a week after Ross had beaten her over several days.

As well as rope, burn and bite marks, her devastating injuries included whip marks on her stomach and four missing teeth.

She was told she was lucky to be alive, with her body covered in so many bruises that medics couldn’t even determine her skin colour.

Sian said: "My parents revealed that when I hadn’t turned up to my children’s sports day, they were immediately concerned.

"They called me but my mobile was switched off, so they reported me missing to the police.

"Three days after I went missing, [Ross’s gran] went round to Dennis’s flat where she discovered me unconscious and half-naked in the bedroom.

"She’d risked her life, calling the police from the bathroom."

Police arrested Ross that day.

Sian spent more than a month in hospital following the sickening attacks, before finally being discharged in August last year.

By the time she left, she was a stone lighter and in a wheelchair.

She recalled: "I was a bag of nerves and had to move into Mum’s spare room. I had to learn how to walk again. Luckily a dentist replaced my missing teeth but I’ve been left scarred for life."

Ross, of Newport was jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum term of seven years and 140 days at Cardiff Crown Court.

Sentencing him in December 2017, Judge Eleri Rees said: "You’re a highly trained kickboxer and therefore the use of your fists and feet would be the equivalent of using a weapon."

The judge added: "There were so many bruises to her entire body that a paramedic could not determine her race or ethnicity."

Speaking after the hearing, Millie Davies, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "We are determined to bring those that engage in domestic violence to justice."

Today, Sian is desperate to get the "old me" back.

She said: "I’m so glad with Dennis’s sentence, hopefully he’ll never be released from jail. Since the attack, everything has been a struggle.

"I just want to get the old me back. I used to be outgoing and bubbly now I’m a shell of my former self.

"I’m terrified now and don’t leave the house."

She added: "I’m lucky to be alive. If you’re in an abusive relationship, please speak out and get help."

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online

  • Mum faces jail after baby drowned
  • Tributes to M1 death teen
  • Horrific flesh-rotting drug hits UK
  • Spies close in on ‘White Widow’

Source: Read Full Article