By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Entrants under the age of 18 must get consent from their parent or guardian. Where you are under the age of 18, you agree that both you and your parent/guardian has read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Competition
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 16 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Competition (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. The Competition starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 13 September 2019 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 19 September 2019 (the Competition Period). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void. At the end of the Competition, participants’ entries will be returned to them.
4. To enter the Competition, the participants must (a) Publish a tweet on Twitter featuring a video of them singing at least ten seconds of a Conor Maynard song, using the hashtag #SingForConorTickets, or (b) email video of them singing part of a Conor Maynard song using a subject line ‘Sing for Conor Tickets’ to [email protected] during the Competition Period only.
5. Entries to the Competition must be the original work of the author who is the participant. Entries which are or in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion appear to be plagiarised will be disqualified. Participants represent and warrant that:
(a) they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry; and
(b) that their entry to the Competition (including any text and photographs):
(i) does not contain or feature any personal information about any person (including their name, contact details, a photograph of them and/or any other identifying information) without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request);
(ii) does not contain any content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, homophobic, derogatory, pornographic, obscene, sexist, illegal, and/or otherwise inappropriate;
(iii)does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties without permission (including company names, music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media);
(iv) is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay any sums to any third party as a result of the Promoter’s use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation by the Promoter of the idea, video or other rights contained in any entry; and
(v) does not contain any known virus, trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any of the Promoter’s hardware or software systems.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to remove or temporarily suspend from the Competition any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
7. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Competition online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
8. There will be 3 winners. One prize per winner.
9. Winners must be available to participate in a video shoot in order to receive a prize, at 10.30am on Tuesday, September 24 2019 at News UK, 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF. The three winners will perform a Conor Maynard song on camera, to be used for the Promoter’s promotional purposes on The Sun website and selected social media. If a winner cannot attend the video shoot, the Promoter will award the prize to another participant from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Competition Period.
10. The winner will be the entrant whose entry, best demonstrates talent and entertainment. The winner will be selected by an independent judge (or a panel of judges including at least one independent member). The decision of the judge(s) shall be final.
11. The prize is a pair of general admission tickets to see Conor Maynard at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire on 24 October 2019 only. Winner and guest are responsible for travel to and from the show/event at their own expense. Promoter reserves the right to substitute tickets for a different show/event and date without notice if ticket(s) to the advertised show/event become unavailable for any reason and/or at its sole discretion.
12. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
13. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. If the winner or their companion is a minor, the minor must be accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian (at their own expense) if they are not the winner. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
14. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
15. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 3 days after the end of the Competition Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Competition Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
16. Winners will be required to confirm attendance at the video shoot within 3 days of having been notified. If a winner has not confirmed attendance by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Competition Period. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 3 days of being notified. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
17. For a list of winners please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Competition Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Competition you would like winners’ details.
Data Protection and Publicity
19. By entering, participants agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes if they are the winner of the Competition, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited. This includes making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests will also be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition including performing on camera a Conor Maynard song that will appear on The Sun website and selected social media.
20. Participants will retain copyright in their submitted entries to the Competition, however, by entering, all entrants grant the Promoter a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each Competition entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. Participants represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the rights provided for in this paragraph 20, and that all materials forming part of their entry to the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Competition, their entry will be void.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
24. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Anyone found to use multiple social media accounts to enter will be disqualified. Participants agree that Twitter is not liable in any way for the Competition.
25. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Echo Location Talent or other third parties concerned in any way with the Competition. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Echo Location Talent.
26. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize.
27. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Competition. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
28. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Competition.
29. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (theWebsite).
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
32. The promoter of this Competition is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publisher of The Sun and The Sun on Sunday) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Source: Read Full Article