Bouncers attack a man outside a nightclub in shocking footage that shows him being pinned to the ground and punched.
In a clip filmed outside Factory nightclub in Manchester early on Sunday morning, the man is seen struggling to stand as a group of bouncers surround him.
They then appear to go on to push and shove the dark-haired reveller who stumbles into barriers and to the floor.
At one point the man in dark clothing looks to be pinned to the ground while another bouncer begins to punch him in the back.
After being posted to Twitter, the clip has been viewed 712,000 times and retweeted almost 4,000 times.
Twitter user @DontFollowStu posted the footage online with a caption reading: "Look how hard the bouncers are at Factory in town. 8 on 1 and he’s still stood there."
Hundreds of social media users are now calling for the bouncers to be sacked after branding it "disgusting behaviour".
Marc Seymour said: "This isn’t doing their jobs as doormen. This is a prolonged and continued assault by 8 men on 1 man.
"Arrests and charges should be made."
Experienced doorman @p_williams said: "This is absolutely disgusting behaviour.
"I’ve been a doorman for 11 years and never had to engage in crap like this.
"This is giving "door supervisors" a bad name".
Another Twitter user said: "Some bouncers are just absolute states. They take enjoyment out of being in a position of power and bullying people. The clubs and bars would actually be safer places without them."
In a statement about the incident, Factory nightclub said: "We have launched a full investigation into this distressing incident and will be working with the police, local authority and our third party security provider to ensure that the matter is dealt with appropriately.
"Factory is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all its customers and we will not tolerate this sort of behaviour from anyone directly or indirectly employed by us, whatever the circumstances.
"Any security personnel found to be involved will be terminated with immediate effect, regardless of the outcome of any police investigation.
"Having viewed both the CCTV and the video circulating on social media, we can only say that we are shocked by what we have seen.
"We will also be in touch with the young man involved and we sincerely hope that he will make a speedy recovery."
A Greater Manchester Police spokeswoman said: "At 3.20am police were called to reports a man had been assaulted on Princess Street in the city centre.
"Officers attended and an 18-year-old man was taken to hospital.
"He is still in hospital but his injuries are not as serious as first thought and he remains in for observation at the moment.
"Enquiries are ongoing."
Source: Read Full Article