USING the extra time indoors to cook up a storm in the kitchen? You'll be needing a set of the best kitchen scales.
We've rounded up some of the best reviewed models around the web to help you make the right choice.
Realistically a set of kitchen scales is going to set you back between £5 and £50.
The difference between the lower end models and the expensive scales is style and the materials used; they should all weigh food accurately.
Some scales come with built-in measuring bowls which can look great, but aren't always the most practical if you're short on space in your kitchen.
And if you like a classic aesthetic, you could always opt for brass counter weights rather than an electric scale.
1. Salter Colour Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales
- Salter Colour Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales, £14.99 from Amazon – buy here
These compact scales from Amazon are a bargain, although if you want a different colour you'll have to pay a little more.
They also come in silver, white and lime green – perfect, if you fancy something a bit more colourful.
You can choose between metric or imperial measurements and these scales come with a whopping 15-year guarantee.
2. Victor Cast Iron Mechanical Kitchen Scale
- Victor Cast Iron Mechanical Kitchen Scale, £61.99 from Wayfair – buy here
This lovely navy and brass set of scales will transport you back to the 1920s, as the cast iron model is truly retro.
It features a pear-shaped pan, and the set is made in Britain, accurate to its traditional style.
For £61.99 you get a scale body and a scale scoop. You will need to purchase weights, which are available separately on the site.
The product comes with free delivery to anywhere in the UK, and it is highly rated.
3. Salter Black LCD Electronic Kitchen Scales
- Salter Black LCD Electronic Kitchen Scales, £10 from Sainsbury's – buy here
If quick, cheap and easy is what you're after, look no further than Salter's LCD Electronic Scales.
The £12 model is highly-rated, and is a no-fuss, no-frills option, with added extras such as auto shut-off, and an add and weight function.
The batteries come included with this stainless steel and plastic model and it has a generous 15-year guarantee.
4. Heston Blumenthal by Salter Dual Precision Digital Scale
- Salter Dual Precision Digital Scale, £45 at John Lewis – buy here
Looking for something that wouldn't be out of place in a professional kitchen? Take a look at these Salter scales.
Created in collobration with Heston Blumenthal, they're designed to be incredibly accurate, offering measurements in increments as small as 0.1 grams.
5. Joseph Joseph SwitchScale Digital Kitchen Scale
- Joseph and Joseph SwitchScale Digital Kitchen Scale, £50 from John Lewis – buy here
Joseph and Joseph does a good line in nifty kitchen gadgets and these scales are no exception.
They look great the plate can be flipped over to reveal a bowl that will measure your loose ingredients.
6. Argos Home Mechanical Scale
- Argos Home Mechanical Scale, £6 at Argos – buy here
For a more rough and ready approach you can go with an oldschool set of mechanical scales.
They might not be quite as accurate as digital scales, but they get the job done and they're great value.
Looking for more useful kitchen gadgets – perhaps to help with food prep? We've rounded up the best food processors.
Find more of our recommendations on home products, head to our dedicated home section.
Or, if you fancy browsing something totally different, check out all of our round-ups on the main Sun Selects page.
Source: Read Full Article