WHETHER it's vitamin C to brighten, retinol or retinoid to smooth, salicylic acid to tackle acne and exfoliate or hyaluronic acid to plump and hydrate, the best face serum for your skin can do wonders.
Before anything else, you need to understand what it is your skin needs.
Is it very dry? You'll likely need to use something with hyaluronic acid in it. Very oily and find yourself breaking out? Reach for a chemical exfoliant.
It's crucial to remember to always, always wear SPF because serums that include vitamin C, retinol and other acids sensitise the skin, meaning it becomes more susceptible to the sun's UV rays.
We've rounded up some of the best face serums around to help you find one that works for you.
Best face serum at a glance:
- Best anti-ageing serum for oily skin: Facetheory Regenacalm serum S1 Pro
- Best for skin tightening: Wonderskin Liquid Gym face sculpting serum
- Best for dry skin: Byoma hydrating serum
- Best skin brightening serum: Dr. Barbara Sturm The Good C vitamin C serum
- Best budget serum: The Ordinary hyaluronic acid 2% + B5
- Best hydrating serum: Sand&Sky Tasmanian spring water splash serum
- Best for mature skin: Weleda pomegranate firming face serum
- Best premium anti-ageing serum: Erborian ginseng super serum
- Best vegan serum: Antipodes Glow Ritual vitamin C serum
- Best anti-blemish serum: COSRX advanced snail 96 mucin power essence
- Best for sensitive skin: Belei ultra sensitive anti-ageing hydrating serum
- Best budget vitamin C serum: The Inkey List vitamin C serum
- Best gentle retinol serum: Paula's Choice clinical 1% retinol treatment
- Best for dark spots: Clinique Even Better clinical radical dark spot corrector + interrupter
- Best for easy application: Milk Makeup watermelon brightening serum
Best anti-ageing serum for oily skin: Facetheory Regenacalm serum S1 Pro
- Facetheory Regenacalm serum S1 Pro, £18.39 from Facetheory – buy here
The Facetheory Regenacalm serum S1 Pro is pumped with active ingredients including 3% retinol to soften lines and encourage skin renewal, dill extract to improve skin elasticity and liquorice extract to fight dark spots.
While it’s formulated for all skin types, it’s particularly effective for those with oily or combination skin as ingredients like aloe vera will control skin’s oil production while vitamin E and hyaluronic acid gets to work hydrating the skin.
Plus, all of the active ingredients are designed to be super gentle and soothe your skin rather than irritate it.
Source: Read Full Article