IF you wanting to sell something quickly and without the faff of postage, then putting it on Facebook Marketplace is a total no-brainer.
So when Jules Schreiner wanted to get rid of a tatty old sofa earlier this year, she thought she might as well try her luck there first.
In a viral TikTok video, the woman, from Illinois, claimed she'd got the huge white corner sofa for free and put it up on Facebook Marketplace for $500 [£350].
She explained: "A guy picked it up and bought it within seconds."
Although she was initially chuffed with her healthy profit, it only dawned on Jules that she'd missed her chance to make a small fortune when she looked the man up on Instagram.
Sharing a photo of the white sofa, the man boasted about the extremely rare second-hand designer Vladimir Kagan for Weiman three-piece settee.
After learning the name of the brand, Jules quickly researched it on the internet and found a similar one for sale for a whopping $20,000 [£14,000].
She captioned the clip: "Thought I got a great deal on FB market place but ya know things are always too good to be true!"
"OK so from now on, we are going to look for name brands on the things we buy OK," one viewer replied. "LOL then we are going to Google them!"
Another added: "In fairness, you won from this. The person got rid of their couch for free, you made $500 and the last guy got a bargain. Win win win!"
Meanwhile, a third added: "It's only worth that much if someone is willing to pay. I think you made out just fine getting $500 for a discoloured old couch."
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
Last year’s box sold out in less than 48 hours, so what are you waiting for?
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
- Dot for Spots
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Classic Fresh
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Max Out Blue Primer
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Shade Crystal Clear
- Dove 1 Minute Super Conditioner
- Garnier Micellar Reusable Make-up Removal Eco Pads
- OPI Neo-Pearl Nail Lacquer
- Imbue Curl Empowering Creme Gel
- Hawaiian Tropic Mineral Sun Milk SPF30
- Avon x Lisa Armstrong MATTEiculous Lipstick in shade CB
- PLUS, One month’s free Skin + Me treatment subscription
- Fabulous Beauty Awards 2021 Beauty Box, £28 – buy here
For more viral stories, this woman who was convinced she found ‘proof’ her boyfriend is cheating realises awkward blunder.
And this bridezilla demanded her bridesmaids fit in size 8 dresses for wedding & orders them to the gym if they need to slim down.
Plus this mum was urged to change baby daughter’s name after realising just how bad it sounds when you say it out loud.
Source: Read Full Article