DESPITE a royal wedding often being a lavish celebration, Princess Beatrice and fiance Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are said to be "reining in" their plans.
The Mail Online report that the happy couple could opt for something "low key" instead, while the fallout from Prince Andrew's controversial interview earlier this month continues.
"It will be more low key. Bea and Edo are happy for their wedding to get less attention," a source told the publication.
And while Beatrice's sister, Princess Eugenie, tied the knot to now-husband Jack Brooksbank at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle in 2018, Beatrice and Edoardo may even opt for "a marquee in Sarah Ferguson's back garden".
It's reported that carriage processions and live TV coverage could be scrapped, while the couple opt for a more intimate celebration.
Earlier this week, we told you how royal expert, Marlene Koenig claimed the couple could opt for a wedding "out of the public eye".
She said: "I will not be surprised if she has a rather quiet wedding, out of the public eye, with a few photos, no live coverage.”
Pals of the Duke of York revealed part of the motivation to speak on TV was to be able to walk his eldest daughter down the aisle with his "head held high".
But it seems the chat with the BBC's Emily Maitlis could affect how public Beatrice's wedding is. Buckingham Palace have been approached for comment on the matter.
Beatrice, 31, announced her engagement to multi-millionaire property developer Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 36, after a whirlwind 11-month romance.
Edo popped the question during a holiday to Italy and, despite claims that they would have preferred to marry there, royal experts have insisted that they will wed in England because The Queen "won't fly to Europe".
Royal editor Ingrid Seward told OK! Magazine: “I think in her heart Beatrice would like to be married in Italy where Edo's from, but there's no way the Queen will fly to Europe for the wedding so it will have to be in England.”
Speaking about her daughter's engagement, Sarah Ferguson said she and Prince Andrew are "so lucky".
Despite the controversy, Andrew is believed to be unaware of the worldwide outrage sparked by the Newsnight episode, shown on Saturday night.
Earlier this week, a major sponsor abandoned his charity initiative – thought to be related to the scandal.
And while senior royals and the Queen are said to back him, Prince Charles is thought to be "furious".
Andrew has strongly denied he had sex with 17-year-old Virginia Roberts in 2001 after going to Tramps nightclub in London, claiming he was at a Pizza Express with his daughter Beatrice.
In other royal news, we told you how classy Kate Middleton penned heartfelt thank you letter to fashion designer and reveals her plans to return to Pakistan.
We also revealed Prince Harry would hide from his nannies in the kitchen cupboards at Kensington Palace – but his giggles ‘gave him away’.
And we showed you how the Queen banned a documentary showing her buying an ice-cream for Prince Edward with cash from her own purse.
Source: Read Full Article