Meghan Markle news latest: 'Woke' Meg warns Brits not to 'turn a blind eye' to 'wrongdoing' during Manchester speech | The Sun
6th September 2022

MEGHAN Markle stunned in an all-red outfit on Monday night, as she called for global change in her first UK speech since quitting the Royal Family.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the One Young World opening ceremony in Manchester on Monday night.

The Duchess wore a scarlet £1,100 Valentino blouse and £1,200 wide-leg trousers – plus matching shoes – and donned a slicked-back ponytail.

Meanwhile, Harry's look was much more understated, as he wore a dark suit, white-collared shirt and navy tie.

Early on Monday, the couple had been spotted leaving their temporary residence in Windsor, with Meghan wearing a short-sleeved top – thought to be the £735 Eleanor Polo in Silk Cashmere from Brandon Maxwell and a pair of £760 suede heels.

During her speech, Meghan claimed she was "happy to be back" in the UK while calling for global change led by young people.

This marked her first speech in the UK since she sensationally quit the Royal Family in 2020.

Read our Meghan Markle blog below for the latest news & gossip…

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Bob Geldof gave hilarious speech before Meghan's keynote

    The music industry icon gave the delegates at One Young World some interesting advice.

    At the Manchester event, he told the delegates not to become "creeps" if they come into power.

    He also said: "But there's no denying that the joy we celebrated with all those flags with frankly the best soundtrack that One Young World has come up with.

    "In the 28,000 years that we've been doing with, finally catered to some different record other than Pink Floyd or whatever the f*** that is."

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Meghan Markle discusses her ‘pinch me moment’ at summit

    The Duchess of Sussex recalls when she was first invited to be a counsellor for One Young World in 2014.

    She told of how it was a total “pinch me moment” and asked if the audience had felt the same.

    “There were 20 or 30 of us, for the counsellors, and there I was.

    “I was the girl from Suits.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Joan Collins says Mariah Carey's 'diva' comment to Meghan is a compliment

    While being interviewed for Meghan's podcast, Mariah said Meghan gave "diva moments".

    Commenting on this, Dynasty star and icon Joan Collins told Good Morning Britain: ""I think it's rather nice to be called a diva, now and again. I mean, it's supposed to be a compliment."

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Inside Prince Harry & Meghan's Germany trip

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are on their way to Dusseldorf, Germany, to launch their One Year To Go Invictus Games event.

    They will appear in Germany the launch Invictus Games event from 11am (UK time) today.

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to meet officials and potential competitors in Dusseldorf to mark the one-year countdown to the 2023 games in the city.

    They will meet organisers and those willing to compete in the competition, as they count down one year till the games kicks off.

    Invictus Games was founded by Prince Harry to help soldiers who had been injured or sick. It aids rehabilitation with money raised from the events.

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Prince Harry & Meghan have 'no plans' to see Prince William

    It has been reported that the Sussexes do not expect to visit Wills & Kate any time soon.

    There are "no plans" for the Sussexes and Cambridges to meet, reported ITV, despite both families staying in Windsor at the moment.

    It is not known whether Harry and Meghan might visit the Queen at Balmoral later on this week.

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Meghan Markle: 'It's nice to be back'

    The Duchess of Sussex gave her first public speech in the UK since leaving for America with Prince Harry.

    At the One Young World summit, Meghan was reportedly met with cheers from the audience as she took to the stage last night.

    'You are the future… You are the present," she told more than 200 attendees, who had travelled from all over the world to Manchester for the event.

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Prince Harry and Meghan ‘lost final chance’ to visit the Queen as it’s ’embarrassing’

    A royal commentator has claimed that Harry and Meghan have missed the opportunity to see family next week.

    The couple are touring the UK for their On Young World summit in Manchester, before jetting off to Germany.

    Charlotte Griffiths, editor in chief of the Mail on Sunday, told Palace Confidential: “I think they’ve got themselves into a position where it’s going too difficult to visit her.

    “It’s too embarrassing for them. There will be a hostile reception.

    “Everyone will be on their guarded duty.

    “I think they’ve got themselves into a position where this could be their last chance, I hope it’s not, to visit the Queen in Balmoral and they might have lost it because of their own publicity.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Her Majesty awaits next ‘nuclear bomb’ amid Meghan controversies

    The Queen is awaiting more controversy from the Sussexes, a royal insider has claimed.

    One source told the Sunday Times: “She doesn’t want to be on tenterhooks all the time, waiting to see what the next nuclear bomb will be — that will take its toll.”

    This comes after Meghan dropped ANOTHER bombshell interview last week.

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Prince William ‘won’t talk’ with Prince Harry until memoir is published

    The two brothers are not expected to meet, as Prince Harry and Meghan return to the UK for a tour.

    A royal biographer has claimed the distance between the brothers is intentional as the royal family don’t know much about Harry’s mystery book.

    Angela Levin told The Sun: “They have lost their chance of being trusted.”

    She continued: “It’s their own fault for vastly exaggerating and being rude.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Meghan Markle ‘delusional’, Palace insider claims

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are shortly kicking off their One Young World summit today in Manchester.

    A Palace insider sensationally told the Sunday Times: “Everyone hoped they would go off to be financially independent, pursue their philanthropic endeavours and be happy.

    “And that in going their own way, they might no longer feel the need to rail against the system as much as they still do.

    “But then the star power of them requires an association with the Royal Family, and the fuel on those flames is the family discord.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    ‘Nelson Mandela? Who’s next, Gandhi?’ Palace insiders slam the Duchess

    Meghan Markle told The Cut that a South African actor told her that South African’s ”rejoiced in the streets” the same way they did when Nelson Mandela was freed from prison.

    Actor John Kani said he was “baffled” by the comment, while speaking to The Times.

    A source told the Sunday Times: “The whole thing is just staggering. Nelson Mandela? Who’s next, Gandhi?

    “There are simply no words for the delusion and tragedy of it all.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Australian anchor hits out at Meghan Markle: ‘She’s just a celebrity!’

    Ita Buttrose criticised Meghan to the Aussie morning programme, Studio 10.

    The ABC boss accused Meghan of making “provocative statements” so she can “stand out from the crowd”.

    She continued: “Once, she was a princess of the realm. [Now] she goes on about her business of being a celebrity.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Meghan & Harry wrongly branded as ‘D-grade celebs’

    Aussie TV show hosts slammed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

    Channel 9 host Karl Stefanovic chatted with reporter Tracy Vo.

    He misquoted Ita Buttrose, saying she called the Sussexes “D-grade celebs.”

    Tracy responded: :We’ve been hearing here locally as well, guys, that some people say they’re not welcome here.

    “There’s a real divide in that support for Prince Harry and Meghan, so we’ll see how tomorrow pans out.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Prince Charles ‘moved beyond words’ and will host global allergy conference

    After the tragic death of teenager Natasha Ednan-Laperouse in 2016, Prince Charles has felt compelled to help.

    His Princes Foundation is sponsoring and hosting the two day conference on Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

    It will be hosted in Dumfries House in Scotland, organised by The Natasha Allergy Research Foundation.

    Natasha’s parents will be in attendance, as well as top scientists.

    Prince Charles said he wants to help “tackle the environmental causes of allergic disease, so that no more lives are needlessly lost due to allergic reactions.”

    Natasha sadly passed away after eating a baguette she had bought from Pret at Heathrow airport.

    The sandwich was not labelled with the relevant allergens, causing her to have a severe allergic reaction resulting in death.

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Queen left ‘sitting in the dark’ in Windsor Castle after footman slip up

    A former footman for the Queen recalled a hilarious story from one mistake he made whilst working for her.

    The footman, Steven Kaye told Slingo: “There was one occasion where the under-butler had forgotten to put candles out on the dining table.

    “As it so happened, for some bizarre reason in the dining room at Windsor the lights were flickering on and off, so the Queen ordered that the lights be turned off and we’d just have candlelight – well, there were no candles.

    “We were then running down to one of the pantries to find some candles and bring them up while the Queen was virtually sitting in the dark.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Prince Harry and Meghan ‘lost final chance’ to visit the Queen as it’s ’embarrassing’

    A royal commentator has claimed that Harry and Meghan have missed the opportunity to see family next week.

    The couple are touring the UK for their On Young World summit in Manchester, before jetting off to Germany.

    Charlotte Griffiths, editor in chief of the Mail on Sunday, told Palace Confidential: “I think they’ve got themselves into a position where it’s going too difficult to visit her.

    “It’s too embarrassing for them. There will be a hostile reception.

    “Everyone will be on their guarded duty.

    “I think they’ve got themselves into a position where this could be their last chance, I hope it’s not, to visit the Queen in Balmoral and they might have lost it because of their own publicity.”

  • Lauren Cole-Lomas

    Her Majesty awaits next ‘nuclear bomb’ amid Meghan controversies

    The Queen is awaiting more controversy from the Sussexes, a royal insider has claimed.

    One source told the Sunday Times: “She doesn’t want to be on tenterhooks all the time, waiting to see what the next nuclear bomb will be — that will take its toll.”

    This comes after Meghan dropped ANOTHER bombshell interview last week.

  • Henry Moore

    Meghan wears a pricey outfit as she gives Manchester speech

    The Duchess wore an outfit worth over £2,000 tonight as she spoke to One Young World.

    Meghan wore a scarlet £1,100 Valentino blouse and £1,200 wide-leg trousers – plus matching shoes – and donned a slicked-back ponytail.

    Meanwhile, Prince Harry went for a more understated look, as he wore a dark suit, white-collared shirt and navy tie.

  • Henry Moore

    Meghan claims she is 'happy to be back' in the UK in impassioned speech

    Meghan Markle gave an impassioned speech at the One Young World opening ceremony tonight.

    Her and Prince Harry arrived to applause from the crowd, as the Duchess went on to call for global change led by young people.

    Perhaps surprisingly, Meghan revealed her happiness to be back in the UK, despite her ongoing conflict with the Firm.

  • Henry Moore

    Remembering Meghan's stunning £271,000 engagement ring

    This stunning ring, designed by Prince Harry himself,features two ofPrincess Diana's diamonds, with a main stone from Botswana.

    Speaking about the gorgeous ring, Prince Harry said: "The ring is obviously yellow gold because that's her favourite and the main stone itself I sourced from Botswana and the little diamonds either side are from my mother's jewellery collection, to make sure she's with us on this crazy journey together."

    The Duke chose the main stone because  Botswana is an extremely special place for the royal couple.

  • Henry Moore

    Jeremy Vine SLAMS Prince Harry

    The talk show and radio host has slammed the Duke of Sussex today, calling his actions "unforgivable."

    "I think what Harry's done is unforgivable," Vine said.

    "You're transmitting all this private stuff about your own family.

    "Unforgivable for his brother."

  • Henry Moore

    Harry and Meghan's trip is 'very much about work', close friend claims

    Omid Scobie, a royal expert and friend of the Sussexes, has claimed that their focus is solely on work during their current trip to the UK.

    He told ABC's Good Morning America: "After Meghan's recent revelations, the family and the institution itself will have no doubt been bracing themselves for this visit.

    "But for the Sussexes, this is very much about the work, these are the kind of trips they wanted to do ever since they stepped back, but the pandemic prevented them from doing so until now."

  • Henry Moore

    Where to watch Meghan's One Young World speech

    Meghan Markle is set to give a keynote speech at the One Young World opening ceremony tonight, and it will be available for you to watch online.

    Simply tune into One Young World's YouTube page to catch the whole ceremony.

    According to Reuters, the Duchess's speech is set to take place at 19:40pm.

  • Henry Moore

    Meghan set to give speech at One Young World opening ceremony

    Meghan and Harry are in Manchester today to appear at the One Young World opening ceremony.

    As an ambassador for the organisation, the Duchess is set to give a keynote speech.

    The address is likely to take place between 7 and 8pm.

  • Henry Moore

    Harry and William's relationship going 'from bad to worse', commentator claims

    Harry's memoir is causing serious tension between him and his brother, an expert has claimed.

    Daily Mirror royal editor Russel Myers said: "Harry has his big memoir coming out very very soon.

    "The royals are very very nervous about what he will be saying.

    "The royals are not best pleased about it.

    "Why are they still talking, they have their life over in California.

    "The reports in the papers today said that William is not going to speak to his brother until he knows what is in that memoir.

    "So it's going from bad to worse."

    Source: Read Full Article