We share a selection of high street beauty products to help you freshen up your make-up kit this Spring.
THE SILKY EYE
Prettifying your peepers isn’t easy, especially if you’re not an expert with a shadow brush.
For those of us who don’t have the patience to perfect a smoky eye, this take on the classic look creates a simple yet mega-luxe vibe.
Begin by applying a pea-sized amount of Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Amplifying Eye Primer, £18, to each eyelid to create a base that will grip shadow for a smooth, long-lasting finish.
Then use your ring finger to lightly dab Marc Jacobs O!Mega Shadow Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Dynam-O!, £22 over your lids.
To add further dimension, take a flat shadow brush like the ELF Flat Eyeshadow Brush, £4.50, and gently pat Nyx Cosmetics Pigment in Gunmetal, £6, on top of the existing colour.
Sweep across the outer corner and middle of your lids for a silky effect.
Finish with Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara, £25 to dazzle on a big night out.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Amplifying Eye Primer, £18 from Harvey Nichols — buy now
- Marc Jacobs O!Mega Shadow Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Dynam-O!, £22 from Net-a-Porter — buy now
- ELF Flat Eyeshadow Brush, £4.50 from Elf Cosmetics — buy now
- Nyx Cosmetics Pigment in Gunmetal, £6 from Nyx Cosmetics — buy now
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara, £25 from Bobbi Brown — buy now
THE SATIN MANI
S/S is all about low-shine, satin-finish nails.
Use a mattifying base coat like Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat, £11.99, to prime and protect your nails from any discoloration polish may cause.
Once dry, apply two coats of a dark hue, like Nailberry L’Oxygene Nail Lacquer in Viva La Vegan, £14.50, and leave to air-dry.
Then take the shine off by painting a single layer of Barry M Matte Top Coat, £2.99, on top.
- Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat, £11.99 from Superdrug — buy now
- Nailberry L’Oxygene Nail Lacquer in Viva La Vegan, £14.50 from Look Fantastic — buy now
- Barry M Matte Top Coat, £2.99 from Barry M — buy now
THE CASHMERE POUT
Say hello to this textured twist on traditional matte lips.
To begin, prep your smackers with EOS Visibly Soft Smooth Sphere Pure Softness Lip Balm, £6.50.
Containing cocoa and shea butter, this balm works to hydrate your lips and helps prevent a flaky finish.
Next swipe Glossier Generation G Lipstick in Jam, £14, over your lips to mattify any shine from the balm and to inject a pop of colour.
Layer up with Urban Decay Lo-Fi Lip Mousse in Wavelength, £18, for a cashmere-soft finish.
- EOS Visibly Soft Smooth Sphere Pure Softness Lip Balm, £6.50 from Mankind — buy now
- Glossier Generation G Lipstick in Jam, £14 from Glossier — buy now
- Urban Decay Lo-Fi Lip Mousse in Wavelength, £18 from Urban Decay — buy now
THE VELVET COMPLEXION
Soft-to-the-touch, airbrushed-looking skin will never go out of fashion.
Start by prepping with a mattifying moisturiser such as Embryolisse Hydra-Mat Emulsion, £22, to even skin tone.
To follow, buff Givenchy Matissime Velvet Fluid, £36.50, on to your skin.
Start from the centre and blend out towards your hairline. This foundation contains cinnamon and ginger extracts, which help reduce the appearance of pores by tightening them for a flawless complexion.
Next, lightly sweep No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter, £10, across your upper cheekbones, brow bones and along the centre of your nose for skin that glows.
Finish with a touch of Shiseido Minimalist Whipped Powder Blush in Chiyoko, £32, blended into the apples of your cheeks to add depth.
- Embryolisse Hydra-Mat Emulsion, £22 from Boots — buy now
- Givenchy Matissime Velvet Fluid, £36.50 from Givenchy — buy now
- No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter, £10 from Boots — buy now
- Shiseido Minimalist Whipped Powder Blush in Chiyoko, £32 from Cult Beauty — buy now
- Hair: James McMahon
- Make-up: Aimee Adams
- Model: Angel at Profile Model Management
Stockists: Barry M (Boots.com), Bobbi Brown (Debenhams.com), ELF (Elfcosmetics.co.uk), Embryolisse (Lookfantastic.com), EOS (Superdrug.com), Fenty Beauty (Harveynichols.com), Givenchy (Givenchybeauty.com), Glossier (Glossier.com), Marc Jacobs (Net-a-porter.com), Nailberry (Lookfantastic.com), No7 (Boots.com), Nyx Cosmetics (Boots.com), Orly (Orlybeauty.com), Shiseido (Feelunique.com), Urban Decay (Urbandecay.co.uk).
Source: Read Full Article