We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
In I’m Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! tradition, camp mates usually reunite at the Palazzo Versace hotel alongside their loved ones in Australia, however plans for a reunion following their stint in Wales this year have reportedly been scrapped due to new Covid-19 rules. In line with Government advice, the contestants will not be allowed in the same room together after the show.
It will not be something that can happen soon
New rules were announced ahead of the second lockdown coming to an end.
Off-camera, they had reportedly been discussing their Christmas party, but are currently unaware of the new tier-system changes.
In order for them to mix in the castle, they each had to self-isolate alone for two weeks before the show kicked off.
It’s now been said the reunion, which was scheduled to take place next week, will not go ahead, however contestants are yet to be told.
A show insider told the Mirror: “Some of the contestants haven’t checked the Government guidelines for more than a month because they were in lockdown before the show for three weeks and then have been on the show over two weeks now too.
“They thought it would be possible to hire a venue or meet up perhaps in a marquee or something with their partners and were keen to meet up before Christmas.
“Sadly the virus has continued to spread rapidly whilst they have been on the show and it will not be something that can happen soon.”
ITV declined to comment when approached by Express.co.uk.
Yesterday, eliminated contestant Ruthie Henshall said camp mates had a “date in the diary” for a big reunion.
Speaking on Lorraine, when asked if she had friends for life, she replied: “Without a doubt.
“We’ve already got a date in the diary [to meet up].
“Something happened in there, there was a bond that happened and I think it’ll be there forever.
“These are the people that two years down the line [or] ten years down the line, you might not see them very often, but, but you’ll pick up the phone so often and say, ‘Fancy a cup of tea?’
“We’ve got in each other’s hearts, genuinely.”
The show will announce a new King or Queen of the castle this Friday when the show comes to an end.
In a first for the show, it has been airing from Gwrych Castle in Wales instead of Australia, due to the pandemic.
Campmates have been allowed to mix on the show after self-isolating for two weeks beforehand, however they have had to keep their distance from hosts Ant and Dec.
Last night, Victoria Derbyshire and Beverley Callard became the latest celebrities to leave the castle.
They followed in the footsteps of Hollie Arnold MBE and Ruthie, who left last week.
According to Coral bookmakers, Giovanna Fletcher is the favourite to win the show with current odds at 6-4.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2020 continues tonight at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article