Donald Glover has been crowned GQ’s best-dressed man of 2019.
The accolade tops off a bumper year for the multi-talented star; his hit FX series “Atlanta” took home four Emmys earlier this year, and the video for Glover’s chart dominating track “This Is America”, as rap alter ego Childish Gambino, racked up more than 50 million views on YouTube in just four days.
He’s now been lauded for his style, with editors at GQ moving him from number 18 to the top spot on this year’s countdown.
“In short, Donald Glover is a new-wave renaissance man – and his style is superbly ‘wavey’ too, providing all the Seventies-inspired vibes a modern man needs in his wardrobe right now,” editors wrote.
“While his array of cheekily unbuttoned silk shirts and soft, striped V-neck knits over the past year get honourable mention, our favourite facet of his personal style has to be his commitment to anything-but-black tuxedos – especially the regal, all-purple Gucci rig he wore to the Emmys in September. Our king.”
Kim Jones, creative director of Dior Homme, also heaped praise on the star.
“On screen and in person, Donald Glover wears his clothes with charisma and style,” Jones stated.
Just behind Glover in second place is GQ favourite Jeff Goldblum, followed by new entry Timothee Chalamet at number three, Travis Scott (II) and Richard Madden.
The Prince of Wales, David Beckham, John Legend, Harry Styles and Skepta round out the top 10, while A$AP Rocky, Post Malone and Luke Evans are among the names to make the cut of 50 best-dressed men.
British GQ’s Best-Dressed Man of 2019:
- 1. Donald Glover (Musician, Actor)
- 2. Jeff Goldblum (Actor)
- 3. Timothee Chalamet (Actor)
- 4. Richard Madden (Actor)
- 5. Travis Scott (II) (Musician)
- 6. HRH The Prince Of Wales
- 7. David Beckham
- 8. John Legend (Musician)
- 9. Harry Styles (Musician)
- 10. Skepta (Musician)
- 11. Matt Smith (Actor)
- 12. Post Malone (Musician)
- 13. Olly Alexander (Musician)
- 14. Vincent Cassel (Actor)
- 15. Conor McGregor (Sportsman)
- 16. Ryan Gosling (Actor)
- 17. A$AP Rocky (Musician)
- 18. Luke Day (Editor, GQ Style)
- 19. Offset (Musician)
- 20. Alessandro Michele (Creative director, Gucci)
- 21. Brunello Cucinelli (Designer)
- 22. Zayn Malik (Musician)
- 23. Caleb McLaughlin (Actor)
- 24. Jack Guinness (Model)
- 25. Tyler, the Creator (Musician)
- 26. Luke Evans (Actor)
- 27. Shawn Mendes (Musician)
- 28. Haider Ackermann (Designer)
- 29. Rami Malek (Actor)
- 30. Roger Federer (Sportsman)
- 31. Chadwick Boseman (Actor)
- 50. Hu Bing (Model)
Source: Read Full Article