‘Devastated’ John Barrowman cancels 2023 tour due to poor ticket sales
20th December 2022

John Barrowman has cancelled his upcoming UK tour and told fans that "slow" ticket sales mean it's “no longer economically viable to continue”.

Taking to Instagram on Monday, 19 December, the former Dancing On Ice judge wrote: “It is with huge regret that we have decided to cancel the UK tour.

“Unfortunately, tickets sales in certain parts of the UK have been slow, and with the increased costs of touring it is no longer economically viable to continue.

“This is a decision that has not been taken lightly, and I know many of my fans will be very upset, as am I.”

He continued: “Personally I am devastated and like many people I have found the last years extremely difficult, possibly the hardest few years of my life.

“When it gets tough it is sometimes better to stop and re-evaluate and that is exactly what I am going to do.

“I am so sorry to all my fans.”

People have sent their warm wishes to John, 55, in the wake of his sad news.

“Love you John Barrowman,” wrote Mean Girls star Jonathan Bennet, as US news anchor Peter Daut said: “Sending you love, friend.”

A fan went on to write: “Very sad you've had to cancel the tour, but high praise to you for being so honest about the reason & not stringing people along with an excuse. I hope that the tour can be put on again in the near future.”

“It takes a lot of strength to walk away from something you love to do. Your fans will understand and you will bounce back with something new and wonderful,” penned another.

Meanwhile, dozens of others noted the UK’s ongoing cost of living crisis.

“With rising costs in UK everyone is having to make decisions on what to cut back on, sadly entertainment is one of the first things to go,” said one.

Someone else added: “It’s difficult right now in the U.K. so I hear. 'Eat or heat' for many of my family and friends.

"Not sure what it’s like in the US. I’m not surprised people aren’t spending like they used to. Still it’s a shame you aren’t able to sell tickets. Hopefully when you reschedule they’ll come in droves like they used to. Chin up.”

The cancellation comes after John hit out at ‘cancel culture’ after he was forced to step away from his Dancing on Ice judging duties last year due to ‘flashing’ claims on the set of Doctor Who.

Speaking on Good Morning Britain earlier this year, the 55 year old said: “They’ve tried to strip my career over 35 years that I’ve worked very hard with and had a lot of fun in and have been very open about all of the silliness that went on.

“All the stories are nothing new, they’ve been out there for years and I’ve written about them in my autobiography.

"But cancel culture are like hyenas that are trying to strip the meat of the bones until there’s nothing left.”

READ MORE:

  • To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE

  • Prince Harry to do his first UK interview in years to promote upcoming memoir

  • Inside Olivia Bowen’s home as she celebrates first Christmas as a family of three

  • Geordie Shore’s Sophie Kasaei confirms romance with TOWIE star with loved-up video

  • For all your daily celebrity news and gossip, sign up to OK!’s newsletter – CLICK HERE

Source: Read Full Article