Tonight will see the final episode of the eight-part drama air on Channel 4.
What time is The First finale on Channel 4 tonight?
The First series one will conclude tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.
Episode eight, titled Near and Far, sees a reluctant Denise join the Providence 2 crew members for launch day, while Laz and Denise brace themselves for some big changes.
Viewers can catch up on any missed episodes online with All 4.
The series was written by Beau Willimon, who also created House Of Cards.
Will there be a second series of The First?
Channel 4 is yet to confirm whether the show will return for another season.
An announcement is expected after the current series concludes.
Who is in the cast of The First?
Sean Penn heads up the cast playing astronaut Tom Hagerty.
The rest of the cast includes…
- Natascha McElhone as Laz Ingram, CEO of launch provider Vista
- LisaGay Hamilton as astronaut Kayla Price
- Hannah Ware as astronaut Sadie Hewitt
- Keiko Agena as astronaut Aiko Hakari
- James Ransone as astronaut Nick Fletcher
- Anna Jacoby-Heron as Denise Hagerty, Tom's daughter
- Norbert Leo Butz as Matthew Dawes, an astronaut killed while leading a previous mission
- Annie Parisse as Ellen Dawes, Matthew's wife.
- Melissa George as Diane Hagerty, Tom's wife.
- Jeannie Berlin as The President
- Bill Camp as Aaron Shultz, a journalist.
What is The First about?
The First is set in the near future and is about the first human mission to Mars.
The series will explore the difficulties and dangers of colonising the red planet.
It will also look at the impact the mission has on families and friends left on Earth.
In a review by Variety it was praised as having "a level of sheer ambition that’s genuinely admirable, providing in its best moments a prismatic look at all the aspects of the sort of manned interplanetary mission we real-world Earthlings barely allow ourselves to imagine: The political opposition, the intrapersonal strife, the glimmers of idealism participants know better than to feel, but do anyway."
Source: Read Full Article