“Sesame Street’s” resident trash enthusiast, Oscar the Grouch, took a break from his usual grump and garbage routine to chime in on the entertainment industry’s other Oscar — the gold-dipped one.
“First, I was horrified to hear that there was an award named after me, especially after I saw how disgustingly shiny the award is,” the curmudgeonly muppet revealed in an AOL “You’ve Got” video. “But then I found out the Oscar is a Hollywood motion picture award, and I was thrilled. After all, Hollywood puts out some of the greatest trash I’ve ever seen.”
Zing! After giving showbiz what for, the green guy listed off his personal picks for the upcoming award show.
“Best actor? Colin Filth,” Oscar began enthusiastically. “With a name like that, how can he lose? Oh, wait. That’s ‘Firth.’ Oh, well. Close enough.”
“For ideal picture, I’m going with ‘127 Hours,’ because that’s how long I feel like I’ve been speaking about this!”
The 83rd Academy Awards airs Feb. 27 at 8p.m. ET on ABC .
- Family Guy's MacFarlane records Broadway album
- Street style: Freja Beha Erichsen in PHI
- 5 most inappropriate Valentine's Day movies
- Group of Seven and Thomson paintings found at garage sale
- 'SVU' co-star lands drama
- Stephanie Gelot: Academy of Art
- Erotic books popular with e-readers
- Fashgasm 25.4.2011
- The Muppets take ‘Saturday Night Live’
- More youthful nostalgia from Nirrimi Hakanson
Submited at Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 at 6:00 pm on Movies by ethan
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback